Thursday, July 05, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow, shhh….

For years now, I’ve had no one in the cube across from me, no one looking over my shoulder, thus enabling me to blog and check blogs with abandon…except, of course, when I hear footsteps in the hallway, then I speedy-quick click on some work project or other and look busy.

Today, a co-worker moved into the empty cube. He’s nice enough, and cool and all, but I’m not 100% sure he isn’t a spy. So I need to be careful about when and how I blog. Bleah.

Anyway.

Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow…ah, there’s the rub. I don’t have one. My brain is a thousand pieces of fluff held together by synaptic goo. Okay. Off the cuff. In light of yesterday’s nationwide celebration of us kicking King George’s British ass several hundred years ago, and the habit we have of touching match to incendiary devices to celebrate that auspicious time, let’s make the Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow…whatever that brings to mind. Fireworks…or explosion…or sparkler…cherry bomb…bottle rocket…whatever lights your fuse and makes you go BOOM.

7 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Boom!

Don't look now, I think he's spying on you!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Maybe he's a blogger himself!!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger meno said...

Offer to blow him, then he won't care what you do. :)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

If they were really spying, wouldn't they just look over your computer activity? Mostly, I would think looking at blogs is pretty tame isn't it?
(speaking of tame, my blog has been officially rated G for all audiences. Wonder what this one gets? or that other one about cherries?)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger jaded said...

If you take meno's suggestion just remember not to deliver, THEN you'll have him wrapped around your finger with the tease.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger phish said...

i hope to god he allows you to continue. would be a great loss ;)

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, peh. Who do I have to kill?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home