Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Going Under

Tomorrow’s the big day…I go in hospital for the big “H” surgery. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to it. It feels like winning the lottery…sort of…the lottery of Getting Rid of Useless Body Parts. I’ve been so distracted lately that I haven’t posted, or visited your blogs, or even wanted to write. I’ve been nesting. Buying groceries and paper products and cleaning house and talking the guys at work off the ledge (they love me, and don’t know how they’ll get along without me). I’m expecting the first week or two after surgery to be a lovely pain-and-drug fest, bordered with frequent naps and daytime television and wonderful white capsules of relief.

Afterward I will, hopefully, feel more like myself again. I’ll post and visit you and get back some semblance of the Mona you knew. Or thought you knew. Or came by wondering, Did she post a picture of her breasteses again?

In my absence, the lovely, talented, sexy Maggie at Mind Moss has agreed to be my Second in Command for the Poetry Friday Word. Please go to her site this week and next week for The Word, and for her yummy brand of blogishness. (Maggie, I totally owe you!) I’ll be back for the August 3 Poetry Friday, either having emerged from the Fog of Drugs, or still under the influence of some really trippy morphine derivative. Either way…YAY.

Take care, y’all!

21 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I hope it goes well. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Orange said...

Good luck with the big H!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Wishing you the very best in pain management...and rest.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Wishing you a trippy, foggy, uneventful recovery!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Thanks for the honor. Take good care of yourself and enjoy the trippy white pills. But if they offer you a blue pill or a red pill, take the red pill. Or is the blue you're supposed to take? Oh sheesh. How will we ever get out of the matrix if we can't remember our pill colors?

Btw, I'm so jealous of your big H. Weird I know.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger meno said...

I wish you the best, and an easy recovery.

Remember, farting is a sign of internal activity that the nurses encourage. I learned this when my mom had her bog H.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mona, I'm going to start lighting incense to Ganesh tonight for you, and will burn it until you get back. I know it's kind of strange, you having the Mommy Bit surgery and being The Opener Of The Ways, but hey, he's never done ill by me before. *s* We'll all be here waiting for your speedy recovery.

*hugs*

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Megan Stuke said...

Best wishes, Mona dear. Just think - you'll never have your uterus, uh, FALL OUT, like I've heard they tend to do.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I'm wishing you all the best for a swift recovery!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mona, I hope everything went well, and that you're resting comfortably with Prince Vicadin. *hugs*

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

AGAIN?!! How'd I miss your breasteses the first time?!

Will miss your breasteses while you're gone. Feel free to send a picture ;)

And remember, you still have your breastes.es.
xxo

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger gary rith said...

Geez, best wishes alright...

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hope all goes well and the 2 week drug-fest-rest goes quickly! Hey, you'll weigh less!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

Read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" during recovery - I promise it will make you feel better!

Good luck!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

Hey MB!

Wishing you a fast and stress-free recovery!

In addition to the above reading suggestion, I offer a list of very involving/distracting dvd's to watch...

1) First Three Seasons Of "Deadwood".

2) All 3 Seasons of "Arrested Development"

3) All 3 Seasons of both NBC's "The Office" and BBC's "The Office"

That'll get you through anything!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing...

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Elliot said...

Hey you. Mojo by the millions coming to you via cosmic express. Gotcha on my mind. See you back soon, all well!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

I hope you are recovering nicely.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

Just thinking of you today. I hope you are healing and feeling up to the internet soon.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I've been thinking of you - hope you are doing very well and having sweet pain-pill dreams :-)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Hope you are doing ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home