Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Accidental Van Halen Post

Fear struck me hard this morning. I woke up with the Fear that Something Bad Would Happen to the Kids On Their Field Trip Today. As I was packing lunches I feared that someone was lurking outside the kitchen window. Driving to work at 5:45 a.m., there were too many people out...were they innocently walking their dogs and coming home from booty calls, or did they have evil on their minds?

That's what I get for eating szechuan stir-fry before bed.

I started pushing buttons on the car radio...mostly crap on at that time of the morning...and I stumbled across just the thing to ease my ridiculous fears....

Van Halen.

And let me just say this now...Van Halen is ONLY GOOD with David Lee Roth. Um...Sammy Hagar? ur...ur...bleeech...I'd look to you to sell salsa and do beer jingles, not front a rock band. How 'bout that other guy from that other band that took over briefly for DLR? If I don't know your name, dude, it means you suck.

David Lee Roth is the king of kings of Van Halen. His voice will forever be inked in my brain as the late-night crooner of my back-seat discoveries. That hair! That chest! That voice! The ability to jump incredibly high...with a penis in the way!

I cranked up "You Really Got Me" and now I feel so much better. Although I have the urge to crank up "Runnin' With the Devil" and gits me some Boones Farm and some herbage and go parkin' on country roads with my boyfriend.










I also love David solo...mmmm-mmm....



And, of course, the original, the fabulous, Louis Prima, doin' it first:

6 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

you CAN NOT beat early Van Halen, nope

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Sammy who?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger meno said...

That was FUN! DLR could sure move those hips. Yum. And Eddie was sure purdy too.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

What? No Hot For Teacher?

And, yeah, I'm a fan of DLR, but the real genius behind the band was Eddie. That guy can play.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet. And 'Running with the Devil" was just on the radio.

Yeah. Sammy who? I've had a problem with him since 'hot, sweet cherries on the vine'. The don't GROW on a VINE, asshat!

Yeah. Gardening geek out.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

King Louie Prima. Mona, you get extra doubleplus good points for mentioning The Man.

Van Hagar. *snort* As useless as a tit on a boar's shoulder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home