Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Welcome to the Working Week

Snnzrgggggg...huh? Uh? Wha?

Faaack.

I didn't realize how luxurious my long weekend really was until last night, when I wrecked my brain trying to remember what I had to do, get out, prepare for on a school night. I was all, "Wha...? School? Work? Uh, I don't think I DO those things...do I?" Then it all came crashing back to me...library books, backpacks, sleeping bag, lunch, dance clothes, baseball gear (a boy's athletic cup is truly a wonder, folks), breakfast stuff out, oh shit I gotta pay bills, blah blah blah why don't I just win the lottery and get this over with??

I finished up all my work projects last Friday (woo-hoo!) and was promptly met this morning with a new, all-important piece of crap on which to plop my computer/marketing/randy bitch sensibilities. So I'll get to that in a minute.

But first, I want to answer Sergei's MEME regarding music. I actually spent a bit of time this weekend fretting about this, made a list, etc., and then this morning threw out half my picks, 'cause I'm just that spontaneous, y'all.

Total Volume of Music Files on My Computer: Sergei listed our home one, so I'll use my work one. Drastically underutilized, as I usually bring in cds to listen to and I'm sure our networking guy would slap me silly (ooh!) if I used up too many company resources. BUT, my answer is less than 1 GB. Currently has the Mike Doughty Bonnaroo cd download (I paid for it, I swear!) and Diana Krall's 'Peel Me a Grape'.

The Last CD I Bought Was: The same day I got Beck's "Guero" and Mike Doughty's "Haughty Melodic".

Song Playing Right Now: "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake. I don't care if VW stole the song to sell cars. It's damn beautiful. He was damn beautiful.

Five Songs I Listen To a Lot, Or That Mean a Lot To Me: Listen, I can't decide on one flavor out of 31 at Baskin-Robbins, what are the chances I can do this with music? Urgh. Okay. My list will be 5 songs that mark some passage of my life, some meaningful time that sticks in my head. In no particular order:

1) "Michelle" by the Beatles. This is the first song I remember hearing as a small child. It's like my first lullaby. I remember not understanding the lyrics in French, but loving the way they sounded. Like a soft fuzzy blanket.

2) "Devil with a Blue Dress On/Good Golly Miss Molly" by Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels. Hell yeah! Every summer as a kid, growing up listening to Detroit radio stations, this one would always get me up and moving. Still does! The first play I directed, I used this song in the intermission music, it fit with the plot and made me just griiiiin!!!

3) "IGY" by Donald Fagen. America was so full of promise back in the 50s, all spaceship futures and 'just machines to make big decisions, programmed by fellas with compassion and vision.' I love the optimism, love Don's broken voice. If you smash the headphones into your ears really tight at the last chorus of "What a beautiful world this will be, what a glorious time to be free", he harmonizes with himself and it's like he's a-whisperin' in your ear, very sex-ay.

4) "Absolute Beginners" by The Jam. I wore out my Jam tape, 'Snap!'. This was one of their more commercial contributions, but it's so damn peppy, and I find myself sometimes singing softly, "I lost some hours thinking of it, I need the strength to go and get what I want...." Probably has to do with my constant sexual fantasies. C'est la vie!

5) "Runaways" by XTC. I belonged to Columbia House in college and, to fulfill a 'buy one NOW' requirement, I looked through their catalog and saw 'XTC - English Settlement', and thought, 'that sounds interesting'. When I got the album (yes-- vinyl-- I am that old), I put it on my turntable and had NO idea what to expect. 'Runaways' is the first song, and it begins with jangly guitars, very mysterious, then these hard drums kick in and a male voice high above all shadowy. And I knew, from the first minute of this album, that I not only loved this band (which I still do), but I'd found something new, musically, to explore.

Who Am I Passing This Damnable Thing On To? Well, to celebrate the new mohawk, Big Monkey Rob. And to celebrate her new status as college coed, the sexiest Bored Housewife I know, Lisa.

Is it Friday yet?

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, Mona!!!

and???

did you get all that crazy sex you needed, over the weekend?? do tell, love...

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Sergei C. said...

She would've gotten laid twice yesterday, if she had come to bed a little earlier.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Cecil B: I like the new Beck a lot. Some deeper stuff than on, say, Odelay, but he really mashes it up good.

Lisa: There was lovin' every day/night. But nuthin' really exotic, like on the roof or anything. Whilst cleaning out the closets (yes, my exciting weekend of cleaning), I did find the 'sex toy box' and rid it of 10-year old condoms, dry tubes of jelly, and mysterious plastic bottles which I think once held lotion of some sort. I take it your cute hubby treated you to a little "one-on-one" time?? ;-)

Sergei: Sorry, honey. I was doing our budget, laundry, bills, and in bed by 1 a.m. I thought about nailing you this morning but I was sooo tired and the bed too soft. I'll make it up to you later. Say, in the laundry room?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Ew, crusty old lube :)

I love that #3 song, but is it the old one with the horns? There were waaaay too many fart-sounding horns back in the day ;)

Also far too much use of tooty flutes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home