Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Time to Make the Donuts

Thing One:

I saw a train this morning, and these lyrics popped into my head:

“Driving that train, high on cocaine
Casey Jones you better watch your speed,
trouble ahead, trouble behind
and you know that notion just crossed my mind.”

--I’m not a Deadhead, and had to look the lyrics up.
--I’ve never done cocaine, but I imagine it to be something like the day I drank 3 cups of double-strength coffee at work, couldn’t shut up, bumped into cube walls which I swore were people, and physically crashed in the afternoon, snoring, at my desk.
--I think Amtrak is friggin’ cool.
--But I don’t want no boy named Casey Jones to drive my Amtrak all hepped up on dope. M’kay?


Thing Two:

I’ve been lying to myself. (I ain’t missing you at all!)

No, all song lyrics aside, I’ve always thought that summer was my favourite season.

But really? Really, truly? It’s autumn.

Autumn and I can still wear shorts some days and get away with it.
Autumn and I can wear my new mini-cord cords with a cute lil unbuttoned sweater thing and look fiiiiine.
Autumn and I can wear those doggie sock/slippers at night, which makes the kids giggle.
Autumn and I can drink fresh apple cider and still-warm donuts.
Autumn and I can take the kids for walks looking for ‘perfect’ fallen leaves to decorate my workplace.
Autumn and I can make chili and soup and snuggle on the couch with the kids.
Autumn and I can rub my hands on Sergei’s chest when he unzips his hoodie for me. (raor!)
Autumn and I can feel cool again.
Autumn and I can smell Thanksgiving a-cookin’.
Autumn and I buy the first Christmas present.
Autumn and I get along.


Thing Three:

Did I tell you about the time I set my bra on fire? While I was wearing it? I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately.


Thing Four:

I have to make desserts tonight for work tomorrow. AGAIN. Last time you were all so nice about sharing your quick dessert ideas with me, so I’ll put the word out again. Help! I don’t feel like baking! What do I bring? I need 3 or 4 things.


Thing Five:

Time to make some double-strong coffee and see how high it can get me.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I definitely need to hear about the time you set your bra on fire.

My quick dessert idea? I go buy cookies at a bakery, then transfer them into a TupperWare container. The container makes everyone think they are homemade. And it's like the placebo effect: they automatically taste better.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Orange said...

Ooh, Jo(e) is a smart woman! I second the idea.

I gotta know, though: How do you drink warm donuts?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger el.dude said...

Great blog...it was suggested to me and I love it!

I have no cooking suggestions, however. I always bring a 12-pack of banana flavored moon-pies to any and every celebration - straight from the discount bakery store.

Yum.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Megan Stuke said...

Take root beer and ice cream. People love floaters. I mean floats. And bendy straws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home