Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Is it hot in here, or is it...

I have one light on, over my work area. Except for the hall light, and one light on in my friend’s office, the entire building is dark.

It’s nice in that sorta-sleepy/sorta-creepy way.

I managed to elude Crazy Night Computer Guy, which is good, because I’m hangin’ my tatas out to dry this morning…not totally nekked, just in a low-cut, loftily-perched sort of strappy tank top way underneath my hoodie.

I get hot easily.

I AM hot easily.

I just fetched my second…or maybe third?...cup of caffeinated coffee, which I will surely regret as soon as it kicks in and my brain forks over the admission ticket for Space Mountain and starts screaming and holding its hands up in the very front car as we ascend and then slip down at crazy speeds and...AAAGHHHHH!…click…and the instant camera takes a photo that costs $10 at the egress. Then I collapse.

I thought about posting today with a list of Embarrassing Things I Have Done.

But then I realized I haven’t done enough of them. And not embarrassing enough.

I thought about posting something “funny”, as in ha-ha.

But I left that part of my brain at home, in bed, and it’s currently hogging the covers and farting under the sheet and elbowing Sergei in the ribs and chanting alternate endings for "There once was a man from Nantucket...."

I thought about doing a “linky” post.

But really, I don’t have that much energy.

An update to my Fantasy Boyfriend list?

Uhhh…I’m right in the middle of a few fantasies and can’t interrupt the ‘hot actor on an empty soundstage’ line of mental self-stimulation.

The weather?

Lots we've been having.

Ahhhh….

Hmm.

Something on the roof right above my head, something heavy and metallic, just crashed down. It’s probably just a vent, opening and closing in the frigid breeze. Or maybe an animal seeking shelter.

Or…perhaps…a piece of Space Junk crashing to earth.

Space.
Junk.

Let’s put an end to this pointless post, shall we?

I’ll be sitting here gradually getting high, getting hot, getting HOT, getting….

7 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

You're so funny, Mona! We're all with you at work, grabbing a cup of java on the house!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Only you could say so much without saying really anything...

Uh, that was a compliment - really.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

well at least somebody is generating some heat

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger karmic said...

What the others said. You write beautifully, and am smitten. :)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Are you hot in a temperature sort of way or a sexy sort of way or a sorta-sleepy/sorta-creepy kind of way?

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

I had to get up at 430 AM and it was -8 degrees. Why do we do this to ourselves? Let's run away. We deserve warmer.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Your pointlessness is definitely entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home