Tuesday, January 23, 2007

In the event of something happening to me

1) It’s a wonder my husband didn’t banish me from our bed. Last night whilst channel-surfing, we stumbled across a (VH1?) documentary about the Bee Gees. Now, in my much younger days, I loved them. Yeah. Sue me. Sergei couldn’t suppress that “Oh you’re SO old!” grin as I sang along to “New York Mining Disaster 1941”, and “Jive Talkin'”, and many others. I almost swooned when Andy Gibb came on the screen. I know. I know.

2) This is the MOST brilliant video I’ve seen in a while. Wax on. Wax off.

3) This is the MOST brilliant mano-a-mano movie scene…because...hell...it's Bruce Lee...and Chuck Norris…I need not say any more than that….

4) I can’t wait to see this!

5) I am re-addicted to “Studio 60”…thanks to Bravo television for the marathon this weekend, and to NBC for FINALLY showing a new episode last night.

6) Thanks for the help yesterday with the broken finger. This morning it's not swollen and not painful. So I think it was just traumatized. How did I do it? Shut it in a car door. Because I'm graceful like that. (In my defense, if my seatbelt had retracted when it was supposed to, this never would have happened. Stupid seatbelt.)

7) You're still weirded out about the Bee Gees thing, aren't ya? Well alright then, who's YOUR Guilty Pleasure Band from your youth?

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not weirded out by the Bee Gees thing. I get sucked into those VH1 and E! true stories quicker than you can fall down on your ass on the ice. It doesn't even matter who they're about, they're so voyeuristic and a lot of them are like watching a car wreck. So entertaining. Thankfully, I don't have cable so they don't come into my house. But in hotels, I go straight to 'em.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Oh, what Sergei is really thinking is that older women like us are damned sexy.

I still think Andy Gibb is cute.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#3. I saw that movie years ago as a kid and I can still remember that scene.

#4. I can't wait to see that either, its on my netflix queue.

#7. I am not wierded out, I have a very obscure BeeGees album on tape, and I actually liked it. Maybe it's worthy of a post ;)

Hope your finger get better.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

The only musical crush I remember was on Sting. I still love his music. Ok, maybe not the Kipper stuff so much - but they guy has talent.

I am ashamed to say I once attended a New Kids on the Block concert, I may have mentioned this before - the shame must be waning.

I loved the "Sweep the Leg" video!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Pisser said...

The Bullet Boys...shut up.

Have you seen this?

Love,
TPK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home