Monday, January 15, 2007

...and the kids are screaming, "Moooooom!"

I'm home today with the kiddos, it being MLKJr. Day and all. Schools are closed, no mailman, and the roads are a slick sheet of ice. I'm s'posed to be dialing in to work to 'check up', and I will...eventually....

I invited Boy-child and Girl-child into bed with me this morning after Sergei left for work, for some snuggling and cartoons. As I lay there in the enveloping body heat, I remembered the dreams I had last night, and could not make sense of them....

Gloria Estefan called me on my cell and, just like in the commercial, the call got dropped. I kept punching buttons screaming, "Gloria! Gloria! Call me back!", but she never did.

Big Hulking Friend came to me all sad-like, and we wandered through an Egyptian market, me pointing out things that would make him feel better, him being Eeyore. We finally settled on chocolates in the shape of those Russian Stacking Dolls.

Tim Meadows (that guy from SNL a few years back) came over to us with a huge afro and a sari on (!), and wanted us to come to a ceremony for a friend of his who was going through Buddhist Monk training.

And I wanted to go, but I was worried about what the hell Gloria Estefan wanted.


Kids are screaming for my attention and not liking my first option, which is "Do your homework." I think I need to go play Attentive Mom for a while.

Tell me about your dreams.

5 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly ever recall my dreams. Tim meadows in a Sari? lol@the image.
Lucky you getting to stay at home though.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger meno said...

I don't often remember my dreams either. But last night i was having an unpleasant dream (which i now don't remember), and so i woke myself up at 3 am to make it stop.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these dreams. A call from Gloria, Russian nesting doll chocolate, and Tim Meadows in a sari. Tee hee.

I woke up from a dream yesterday morning just as I was getting to stick my big toe in beautiful Caribbean water. Bummer!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Had a horrible "teacher" dream where all the kids are going crazy and you don't have any control over them and the principal is in the room evaluating you! UGH! And I'm not even teching this year!
Usually you get them in late Aug.

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dreamed I flew around the world to meet a woman and then I called her husband to make sure it was OK that I catch up and fool around with his wife.
Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home