Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Her knees thrust in one direction/like a symbol of math/a symbol meaning Greater Than *

I come recommended by four out of five
I’m a factor in the whole plan

Four and five therefore nine
Nine and nine therefore eighteen
Eighteen and eighteen therefore thirty-six
Four and five therefore nine

Sometimes I was drifting on a coffee buzz
Quantify my luck I need a mercy f…

..f…H…Hey there!

Sorry, I was just jammin’ to Mike Doughty’s voice and got a little lost there.

My brain gets a little lost lately. Mostly sleep-deprived. Was up til 1 a.m., or maybe 1:30, I lost track, wrapping presents and junk. My alarm went off at 5 a.m. I couldn’t slap the snooze ‘cause I have to get Certain Hours In this week at work, PLUS help out every morning at the kids’ school in preparation for the holidays, PLUS do Secret Santa at work and some non-boozy sort of department lunch on Thursday, and YES, I KNOW, I should really learn to say “NO…NYET…NADA” to all this Helping-Out-Business because sleep is important, but WTF, I can sleep when I’m dead.

Damn I’m tired.

And I know I’m gonna finish my third cuppa coffee and feel reeeeeeally good for about 30 minutes, and then crash and feel miserable and nauseated from the caffeine.

OTOH, though, I did get a Present For Myself in the mail yesterday, which I plan to wear to school tomorrow and look like a Geek-Mom. I’m thinking of wearing a jean skirt and black knee-high boots and tights with it. Whaddya think…Fashion Statement or Fashion Faux-Pas?


*Lyrics from Soul Coughing’s Irresistable Bliss here, and yeah, you really should get that album, and score something by Mike Doughty solo, here, or here.

9 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do ya do it lady.. how do ya? I get about 5-6 hours a night/5 days a week. I could not do with 4 though.

Goodluck, I am sure you are looking forward to some R & R.

I have no fashion sense but to me what you describe would look good.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I vote great fashion sense! You will be slowing down to enjoy the holidays at point though? Coffee buzzed is a great holiday frame of mind.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger meno said...

Make sure the boots are 4 inch stilettos and you should be a fashion wonder, appropriate for any classroom.

I am a wreck without at least 7 hours of sleep.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Mr. Don said...

Irish Coffee is the best way to go at times like these. Your shirt is sorta cool, and the whole outfit sounds like fun, so go with it. Maybe wear a silly Santa hat to let everyone know that you are aware of the holidays.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Girl, I hear ya! Maybe there is something in the air. No rest for the wicked, or so they say. I'd like to blame crime TV programs. They suck me in late and night and don't let me go until infomercial time. Stupid crime TV! :D
I think you'd look smoking hot in the outfit described!

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Four and five therefore nine Nine and nine therefore eighteen Eighteen and eighteen therefore thirty-six
Four and five therefore nine"

Who in the whatnow? ;)

Steve~

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brain gets a little lost lately.

Mona, don't feel bad. I lost my mind a while ago and was never able to find it. I stopped looking for it. I kind of like it this way. ;)

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

fashion statement!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Orange said...

Can't say no? Check out the book Bitch Ph.D. reviewed here. I bought a copy for my always-overcommitted sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home