Thursday, December 14, 2006

Poetry Friday WORD, plus Peter Boyle, and the person with the most fingers gets to operate the garbage can robot

1) Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow is GOLD. Why? Because I watched “Rudolph” yesterday (at a work party, go figure) and I have a ‘thing’ for Yukon Cornelius. Can’t explain it, but when he throws that pick-ax in the air ("Silver! Gold!") and he licks it after it lands…well…yeah, I’m a little turned on. I’m crazy dat way. Feel free to bang some Gold into your blog post tomorrow, in whatever sparkly dangly manner you choose…song lyrics, photo of yourself in gold paint ala 007, story of that time you broke into Fort Knox….

2) Peter Boyle died. A co-worker told me yesterday and it was like I got punched in the stomach. I love him. What a truly amazing actor. Go watch this now. Sigh. Dammit. “Not a day goes by that I don’t wish there was a comet screaming towards Earth to bring me sweet relief.”…Peter Boyle, “Everybody Loves Raymond”.

3) I have this secret combat bot fetish. I bought this book a couple years ago and inhaled it through my eyeballs, and doing research for my latest Fantasy Boyfriend, found out he was the creator of Deadblow, and wrote this. I now want to kick myself for abandoning the sciences years ago. In high school I took as much math and science as I could, which wasn’t much, due to the size of the school and the general IQ of the student population. (There were 5 people in my h.s. physics class. FIVE. Me and 4 guys. Plus the male teacher. One of my favourite classes EVER.) Once I went to college, though, I went the English/Theatre/Communication route. Now I tread gently in the waters of IT geekdom, and still have fantasies of being a screenwriter/playwrite someday. Or else just playing one on tv. Every so often, I remember an experiment we did in school, dropping things off the roof, or calculating trees-crushing-cars with string and Matchbox cars, and I think…dammit…that would be fun. Next year, top of my Christmas list…robot.

7 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

When we had TV I loved those bot combat shows! I would love a robot too. We should have a blogger bot combat competition.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A girl who love combat bots? A girl after my own heart I tell ya.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Maggie: You're ON, sistah!

Sanjay: You should see what other obsessions are floating around in this head of mine....

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that the guy who built Deadblow could build SO much more...

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt sorta sad about the Peter Boyle thing too. It seemed to come outta nowhere.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how funny - I learned why Yukon Cornelius licks his axe just yesterday!

It's because of a part they cut out - Yukon is hunting for a *peppermint mine* so he licks his axe to see if it tastes like peppermint!

for that factoid and many, many too many more:

http://www.tvparty.com/xmasrudolph.html

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger meno said...

Can i have a robot that does the laundry please?

Gold, hmmm. I'll have to think about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home