Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Days and Nights of Mona

1) I can’t even take a day off without coming back to three times as much work as when I left. Fack. I’m swamped.

2) I spent the entire day with the kids yesterday, and except for that hour at the grocery store when it was all “He touched me/She touched me first”, and the Girl-child’s meltdown at having to finish her homework, it was a great day. I could SO stand winning the lottery.

3) We finally got Winter. December was unseasonably warm (50s), and it finally dawned on Mother Nature to throw some snow and ice our way. Which she did, the bitch. I went out to my car at 5:30 a.m. today and had to chip away at the giant ice cube that was my vehicle. I couldn’t open the drivers side door…heck, I couldn’t even unlock it. 15 minutes of defrosting and several gallons of gas later, I was able to get the thing driving. What astounded me was that there were so many people out this morning. More than usual. At 6 a.m, it was like afternoon rush hour. WTF? I’d rather y’all stayed in bed, thankyouverymuch, so I don’t have to deal with your speedy-SUV-ness and your I-never-drive-in-snow-yikes-ness, and your bloody-hell-I’m-late-ness.

4) Has anyone seen my libido? I swore I saw it around here not long ago….

5) I’m an impatient person. I was reminded over the weekend of a show I used to watch, and love…”The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd”. Amazon says it’s not for sale yet. Sigh. Well, MAKE it for sale! If y’all can get “Survivor” and “The Simple Life” on DVD in a matter of months, git offa yer ass and get Molly Dodd on DVD, son.

6) I so need a nap.

5 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re
#1.. Job security?
#3.. We are getting colder weather too but nothing like you folks, and am not complaining about that.
#4.. you will be surprised how quickly you find it and the things that trigger it. ;)

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fantasy libido is usually hanging around here on your blog. Just think of some of those fine men, and I'm sure it'll come hurtling back!

I'm taking the bus this morning so I don't have to chip the car out of the ice block. Then again, I usually opt for the bus anyway.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, we moved to arizona at the right time. i do not miss michigan or the crazy weather going on in seattle right now.

finally something to like about seattle.

and i ALWAYS need a nap. hmmmm, i actually typed lap at first. freudian slip? maybe i stole your libido.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger meno said...

I think you libido is sipping a mai tai on the beach in Rio de Janero. You better go after it.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Orange said...

My trunk was iced shut this morning when I went to scrape off the snow. After driving in the sun for a while, I could open it, but no longer needed the big snow brush thingie. (Used the wee $^#@#% ice scraper instead.) Didn't remove the frozen bottle of water that goes ka-CHUNK in the trunk every time I accelerate. Ben was going to take it out this evening, but what do you know? The trunk's frozen shut again.

My libido is vacationing somewhere warm. It left no forwarding address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home