Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow, plus a steady stream of unconsciousness
The lovely and talented Mother of Invention has chosen the Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow…and that word is…COFFEE.
Which makes me just shudder with delight.
The only thing on my mind this morning was coffee. First thing I did when I got to work (before 6 a.m., mind you) was make a pot of coffee, and then I sat at my desk hunched over a steaming mugful, gulping it down like it was lovely liquid morphine. It was the only thing that kept my butt going this morning.
Feel free to splash the word COFFEE in your blog post tomorrow, in whatever oversized coffee mug you like…poem, story, photo, secret for making the perfect espresso, EKG printout of you drinking two pots of triple-strong coffee….
This morning in the bathroom I had a myriad of blog ideas. Which I didn’t write down. What filtered through is this:
1) I love Stevie Ray Vaughan.
2) I love Louis Prima.
3) No way 5 hours of sleep is good for you.
4) Especially when you have ‘fake dreams’. For instance, I had a dream that my alarm went off and it was very muffled. I turned it off and went back to bed. Then my alarm went off for real, and it wasn’t muffled, and I nearly broke my arm finding the damn thing. I also had fake dreams that involved canned and fresh peas, television personalities, turning over in my sleep (I dreamt that I turned over in my sleep, then I did it for real…how lame). I feel like I got worked over by New and Improved Rocky Balboa in my sleep.
5) I threw my back out this morning. By doing nothing. Sitting at my desk drinking coffee and checking my email. How. Does. That. Happen?
6) I have a new Fantasy Boyfriend Floater…Seth MacFarlane.
7) Slim Jims do NOT make an appropriate breakfast food. Ugh.
8) I can't View my blog today. Whazzup, Blogger? More shenanigans??