Thursday, February 08, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow (here baby, there mama, everywhere daddy daddy)

I tend to shower and wash my hair at night. My tendency towards morning sleep deprivation would lead me to be A Dangerous Situation if I were to crawl into a slippery tub upon waking.

Yesterday morning my hair looked like Medusa.

Like a big-haired 80s disaster…high and poofy, with the unnatural waves and kinks of a cartoon witch.

My children laughed at me.

Rightly so.

The Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow is “HAIR”. Feel free to use it in your blog post, in whatever fashion tangles your locks…poem, story, photo of that mullet you grew in middle school, odorama spritz of your favourite hair gel….

Have you seen “Hair”? The movie I mean? Wasn’t Treat Williams just dreamy? I mean, c’mon, he’s the epitome of 70s hippie love, what with the hair and those Robert Plant-like-jeans, and, well, I mean…DAAAA-YUM, he was HAWT.

Don’t you have a 70s crush on someone? You must.

6 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Well I was a bit young for crushes in the 70's but I had a big crush on Ralph Macchio in the 80's.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

I had a big thing for MaryAnn and Ginger from Gilligan's Island when I was a kindergartner, until Marsha Brady came along...I even saw her in person in '78. I was 12, and she wouldn't give me the time of day.
bet you get a package today...

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger karmic said...

I got nothing :-/

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Elliot said...

Susan Dey from the Partridge Family made me feel like partridges were aflutter in my a-belly.

And, also, whenever Bugs Bunny dressed as a woman... :)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger meno said...

Treat Williams, wasn't he in that awful Sally Fields movie "Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring"? He was cute though.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Orange said...

Andy Gibb, baby. Andy Gibb. Silken blond tresses, adorable face, and songs to make a 12-year-old swoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home