Friday, March 07, 2008

Poetry Friday: The Word is LICK

LICK.

That's the Poetry Friday Word for Today. Feel free to weave that word through your blog post today, in whatever silky sweet form you choose...poem, story, photo, limerick, movie quote, ice sculpture, French lesson....

I tried like hell to find a video link to that scene in Clockwork Orange where Little Alex is forced to lick the grahzny, vonny boot of a sadistic aggressor. But I only found the movie script, not the sight of Malcolm McDowell's pink tongue licking the bottom of someone's shoe.

So.

I wrote a movie script instead. Or some script.

Well, the start of one anyway.

Or the start of something. I have an overwhelming urge for ice cream.

Have a good weekend, y'all!


The Luck of Shiny

EXTERIOR, DAY. BEHIND A WALK-UP DAIRY QUEEN. FORTY-ISH WOMAN, VERY PUT-TOGETHER, SITS ATOP A WOODEN PICNIC TABLE, LICKING AN ICE CREAM CONE. SHE LOOKS AROUNT THE PARKING LOT EXPECTANTLY. A CAR DRIVES IN AND PARKS. A MAN IN HIS MID-30S GETS OUT AND APPROACHES HER.

Ben: Vanilla?

Rox: (Licking cone) Uh-huh.

Ben: Just vanilla?

Rox: Um…and chocolate jimmies.

Ben: Sugar?

Rox: Hmm?

Ben: Sugar cone?

Rox: Yeah. The regular ones taste like cardboard.

Ben: Yeah. Hot today.

Rox: (Licking cone with purpose, smiling) Yeah…yeah…I am.

Ben: (Looking her up and down) Yes. You are. So. Where’s Max?

Rox: At practice. And then a sleepover with a friend. Alex is with his dad. Up north. Fishing. Boy’s weekend.

Ben: Boy’s weekend. Which leaves you…alone?

Rox: Which leaves me…available.

Ben: I’m glad you called.

Rox: I’m glad you called back.

Ben: So where…?

Rox: Listen. I don’t want this to be a “thing”, a big involved “thing”, okay, I mean, I want it to be what it is and nothing more.

Ben: And what is it?

Rox: (Swirling her tongue around the cone seductively) Two people. Two grown-ups. Who need to be more selfish. Who enjoy each other. Who want to get naked and test the coil strength of the bed.

Ben: We can do that.

Rox: Yeah, but don’t…I mean, not that you will or anything, but…don’t...don't do anything romantical or mushy, m’kay? Just physical. Well, and some talking, of course, I mean, please, I like you for your brain too.

Ben: (Nuzzling her neck) You’re just using me for my brain.

Rox: You’re just using me for my cunning ability to roll my tongue.

Ben: And lick that ice cream. (Taking her hand) Where?

Rox: Where’s your girlfriend?

Ben: Chicago. Conference.

Rox: Your place then. Mine is too…

Ben: Full of other guys’ testosterone?

Rox: I was gonna say “messy”, but alright.

Ben: Alright. (Tries to kiss her, but she pushes him away.)

Rox: Not here. Not where we could be seen. Doctor’s wife and all that.

Ben: Right. Decorum.

Rox: You remember the address?

Ben: Yeah.

Rox: I’ll leave first, and you can come later.

Ben: You come first.

Rox: I’d better. (Smiles and pulls away from him.) Hey, could you get a pint of something and bring it over? Chocolate marshmallow is this week’s special. We could find something…interesting…to do with it. (Walks to her car.)

Ben: Hmmm…yeah. Okay. Well. See ya…. (Waves, revealing a prosthetic “hook hand” and watches her drive away.)

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Now I'm gonna be thinking about ice cream all day.

The hook changes the dynamic and the fantasy.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love that hook.

I bet Shiny isn't the doctor's name...

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Yeah, that hook sorta turns the whole thing on its head. Very cool.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Tink said...

You should title it:

"When Captain Hook Gets Horny".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home