Monday, February 25, 2008

I Assess the Essence of the Mess

1) My boy won an Oscar last night…mmm…delicious...and now a mad deafening crush.

2) My other boy has a new cd out and I haven’t yet bought it, what the hell is my deal?



3) How could I miss a Sex Show? How could I? (slapping my head repeatedly)

4) I realized yesterday afternoon that my credit card bill hadn’t come. And I knew my bill would be due soon and I wouldn’t remember to pay it, ‘cause like most folks, I pay what I get in the mail. I called them today and they said the bill was mailed out two weeks ago. And due next week. I think this is a GIANT conspiracy. Wanna know why? This is the same credit card company who, last year, said they didn’t receive my payment (which I mailed two weeks before the due date)…upped my percentage rate to ridiculous heights…told me I needed to pay the NEW amount…which I did…which was TWICE what I usually owed due to the increase in percentage rate…and THEN, yeah, THEN they FOUND my first payment. “Found”. As in, during that one month I should have paid X, but I paid X times 3. Conveniently located my payment, my butt. Credit cards are evil, and that’s why I’m working like hell to pay it off. And that’s all I have to say about that.

5) Plus I have to fight the dental insurance company, who is refusing to pay for a procedure that Girl-child had done two weeks ago, even though their coverage booklet said they DO cover it, and the rep I spoke with said she couldn’t help me but if I sent in three documents to the Appeals Board, maybe (MAYBE) in 6 weeks I’d hear something. Bah.

6) On a positive note, I got a shipment from Gary today. Which makes me giddy as a drunken frat boy.

5 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger minijonb said...

All insurance companies, especially dental, can just go to hell!!!!!!

...wow, thanks for letting me vent!

= : - )

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Hey linky love lady. I'm with minijonb - insurance companies suck ass. We had very similar problems repeatedly with our health insurance company back when we lived in the states. I figured I spent almost a full time work week sorting them out every time we had something done. They owe me.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Clowncar said...

I had a beer with Mike Doughty once, back in the Soul Coughing days. Jealous?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I got distracted following the Gary link and then the Virginia/Kayla link and now I'm back. Just in case you needed to know. (??)

I also believe in the innate evility of credit card companies. They are herpes sores on whores, fer chrissakes.

Who is your Oscar boy? They took down that video...
p.s. if you don't have the soudntrack to Into the Wild, by Eddie Vedder...GET IT.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

Lisa, you said it, it is an awesome soundtrack, and thanks for following my links around and SMOOCH Mona, as usual, for the business and plug, you sweetie.
On a serious note, I read an article last year---credit card companies DO play games with your statement etc, because the fees are very profitable for them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home