Thursday, February 14, 2008

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow...Word Up!

Fellow Mother-of-a-Fifth-Grader and I were lamenting the lack of time.

Time to play,
time to rest,
time to do all the little things you want to do
every day
and can't do anything about.

The people around me are stressed. Work, homes, kids, pets, money, food...the litany of To-Dos never ends. Even with our 'space age' inventions, things that were supposed to save us time, we still don't have time to save.

The Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow is...TIME. Feel free to use it in your blog post in whatever fashion pushes your snooze button...story, poem, photo, recipe, favourite 80s band, itch you long to scratch....

I was talking with Cool Sis this morning, work is hell for her too, escaping yet another layoff at Giant Internet Company, and working hellish hours. We got on some tangent or other, and this song came up. I found the video and sent it to her, and made her laugh. The video is...well...just a piece of heaven! I mean, ANY video with codpieces, dancing cops, and Levar Burton can't go wrong!

Wave your hands in the air like you don't care!


2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Well, thanks for putting that tune in my head, where it's likely to stay all frikkin day. Karmic payback, I guess, for putting the Gamera March in your head.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

The red leather codpiece is killing me...

Word up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home