Friday, February 08, 2008

Poetry Friday: The Word is HIT

Words words words…

…are escaping me today.

Escaped me last night.

Fickle sand through fingers
Mercury drops on the floor
Post-bath 2-year old running slippery naked through the house.

Can’t grasp it.

The Poetry Friday Word for Today is HIT. Feel free to use it in your blog post today, however it whacks you upside the head…poem, story, photo, sculpture, movie quote, audio of your favourite band from the 80s….

I’m going all music today. Until I get some words that fit.

Have a good weekend, y’all!


Number One: Sugarcubes, "Hit" (very sexy and danceable)



Number Two: Ray Charles, "Hit the Road Jack" (sexy and bounceable)




Number Three: Bronski Beat, "Hit That Perfect Beat" (lurved them once upon a time)


5 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

fantastic, Mona

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger joeythesquash said...

This is a good blog. Usually, I'm incapable of understanding poetry. Yours makes perfect sense.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I adore the SugarCubes song!

I added an entry for this Friday but then you've already been there, sneaky girl.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Yep, that sugarcubes song is pretty sweet.

I too am at a loss for words today, but yesterday's blog was about big rocks hitting Mars, so I'll let it stand as my reaction to your word o' the day, retroactively.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I couldn't get inspired this week...sorry! Hope your car gets fixed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home