Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow...and some Pork and Beans

Right to it...the Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow is...OUT. There are a variety of situations and contexts in which this lovely word may be used, and I leave it up to you smart folks to use this word in your blog posts tomorrow, in whatever fashion ties knots in your cherry stems...poem, story, photo, YouTube offering, church offering, treatise on the sweetened cereal industry....

Work has kicked my ass lately. Busy? Fack yeah. Matter of fact, last week while I was on vacation, for two days I had to work...it was from home, which was the only saving grace, but still? When I have alone time with Sergei? Work is the last thing I want to do. And I think it's getting to me...I woke up today from a dream about work feeling just ragged...awful, like I had the flu...sat up, put on my glasses, reached to the side of the bed for my nightshirt, and sat there for a minute trying to get my bearings. I looked at the clock. And looked again. 2 a.m. It was 2 a.m., and I was one-hundred-percent-certain it was time to make the donuts. Got naked again, snuggled under the covers, and got nearly three more hours sleep before it really was time to drag my sorry butt out, go to work, and watch YouTube videos.

Speaking of, I finally, Finally, got around to watching the video for Weezer's "Pork and Beans" (which Sergei has been bugging me do forever). Okay, it's teh awesome. It really is. And wikipedia has a nifty list of links and pages to see the original YouTube videos. I had to watch P&B, like, three times, each time squealing at the new thing I found ("Chaaaarlie..."). Weezer is really harshin' my mallow by not letting me embed the damn thing....

Hasta banana!

5 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Orange said...

Loved the "Pork and Beans" video! Remind me to show it to Mr. Tangerine.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

"Out damned spot! Out, I say!"

:)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger jaded said...

I remember having work dreams those are the absolute worst.

Love the pork &beans video.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Sergei C. said...

Clever video is clever.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

harshin my mallow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home