Friday, September 12, 2008

Poetry Friday: The Word is LIBRARY

The Poetry Friday Word for Today is LIBRARY. For some of you that may conjure up memories of book reports, forced studying, the general ennui that comes with being a disaffected youth and wanting nothing more than to run the streets with spiky hair, listening to The Smiths (no, I'm not dissing The Smiths...just the general age) instead of looking up encyclopedia references for the lifecycles of butterflies and moths. For others, LIBRARY may conjure up walks down silent aisles, fingering the spines thin and fat, stroking the pages of “The Sound and the Fury” and “Clockwork Orange” and ee cummings poems, with the desire and effusiveness of a new lover.

I am definitely of the latter persuasion. And am now totally aroused.

Feel free to crack open the pages of your blog post today and see what spills out about LIBRARY, in whatever fashion boots up your online card catalog…poem, story, photo, trip-hop soliloquy, shiny metal sculpture, dubious ode to limericks….

Me, the words didn't come easily...a vague memory of catching someone having sex in the university library...but I make it up with a sexy librarian video.

Have a good weekend, y’all!


Library

I followed you
Quite accidentally, of course.
Your face held a quiet court
But I knew
the bailiffs were holding back
A belligerent defendant.

Steps wound round the back.
I stepped behind a lilac
To adjust my backpack
To adjust my eyes
To the darkness of the stacks,
Following you in.

The sound gave you away.
I stepped round a musty corner
And found you
Using your tongue to
Tremble the bookends
Of the librarian’s thighs around your head.

I didn't walk away.
I watched you.
Strange man studying
The history of a woman,
Writing a story
For English class.

Reference
Was what I needed.
History and science
Human sexuality
Secret places to hide
my chapters of lust.


Marian the Librarian

3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

the libraian's thighs......WELL!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Your face held a quiet court
But I knew
the bailiffs were holding back
A belligerent defendant.

Very cool.

And I've never heard "carrion" rhymed with "librarian" til that clip.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm a little wiggly right now too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home