Sunday, July 31, 2005

We interrupt the orgasm talk

Helloooooo?!?! Yeah, posts are rare on the weekends here in the Mona/Sergei household. But I wanted to share a few things:

1) From Orange Tangerine comes this link from McSweeneys, George Bush jokes. I had tears coming out my eyes, people, and woke the children with my guffawing. Damn good stuff!

2) Also through Orange, from The Un-Apologetic Atheist, comes "The Christian Paradox". Not so much funny as head-shakingly sad and true. Made me remember something from yesterday. A co-worker, 30, is getting married for the first time, and he and his fiancee are Christian, like, demonstrative Christian, but he's really cool about it. He said his fiancee's family is all very religious, BUT have this earth-shattering history of divorce and illegitimate children and abuse and whatnot. So, how Christian is THAT?

3) We subscribe to something like 25 magazines. (I have connections at work, and get 'em cheap.) I finally caught up on, like, 3 weeks worth of reading the damn things, and every other one had an article on this movie coming out called, "The Aristocrats". There's apparently a very funny joke that vaudeville comedians used to tell to each other, after the crowd left, that was the dirtiest, sickest, grossest thing ever. The movie itself has one hundred comedians telling that joke, each in a different way, with sick stupid sexist racist humour. And I CAN'T WAIT to see this thing! You should all go!

4) And I must see Steve Carell in "The 40 Year-Old Virgin". I thought he was funny and smarmy on The Daily Show, and yeah, he made me laugh in that Will Farrell thing, "Anchorman", and even though I had to hate him for being in an American version of one of my favorite British tv shows, he was actually pretty good in it. Now he looks so innocent and fuckable in the posters for "Virgin". Ooh, gimme somma that!

5) And also a crush on now-skinny Tom Arnold, featured in the July 29th issue of Entertainment Weekly. I don't know why. Don't hold it against me.

6) Bob Mould has a new cd coming out, which I must check out. (Now 'Disappointed' is running through my head.) And, oh, I am recommending "Haunted Cities" by The Transplants. Yes, the one with Explicit Lyrics, I mean, yeah, why the fuck not? It's an amazing mix of musical flavours, hard to pin down, and each song has a different feel (which I enjoy, I don't want to buy a cd if the same song is basically repeated ten times). It's not everyone's taste, but funky leather metal ska Mona lurves it.

7) "This Machine Kills Fascists", a documentary about Woody Guthrie, is coming out on August 2nd. Narrated by Billy Bragg! OOH! If you haven't ever heard "Mermaid Avenue" by Wilco/Billy Bragg, based on Guthrie works, you absolutely, positively, must get offa yer chair right now and find a copy. It's so close to perfect, I can't stand it!

8) A perfect moment: Yesterday, Friday, left work at 2:30 p.m., said fuck the projects, I had my 40 hours in. Not picking up the kids for a while. Driving to the grocery store, and visions of a fresh bottle of Yellowtail Shiraz floated in my head...YES! And the college radio station played 'Weather With You' by Crowded House and I sang along, loudly, with the car windows open, all goose-bumpy...YES! And then they played The Clash, 'London Calling', and YES!!! Wine and song, apparently, is all it takes to make Mona happy. Wine, song, no work, windows down, sunny day, cleavage poppin', short skirt, bare skin, weekend...YES!

Okay, it's 12:45 a.m. on Saturday night/Sunday morning and me babylon and on and on. G'night. Oh yeah, and think of something sexy and think of me, m'kay?

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Orange said...

3. We watched the "South Park" version of the Aristocrats joke (I think it was Cartman telling the joke). I forgot the details, so I just asked Mr. Tangerine. He recounted defecation, eating of the product thereof, and repatriation of baby back into the birth canal while said baby was being sodomized. Oh, yeah, this movie is gonna be foul. We totally gotta get a babysitter and go! Oh, imagine the foul words that will lilt trippingly off our tongues afterwards.

4. Saw the preview for the "40-Year-Old Virgin" movie—looks like a hoot. I actually know a 47-year-old virgin, my brother-in-law's good friend. I gotta wonder if he's going to see the movie...

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

Have been looking forward to the two movies for quite sometime now (I believe your first comment on my blog had to do with the funny, funny poster for "Virgin" I posted there).

Yellowtail shiraz is one of the wines of choice for the missus, who's wine pallate (sp.?) is much more developed than my own.

Sigh.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Midwest: The wine was wonderful, the weekend was too short, and so was my skirt! ;-)

Orange: Sergei found the South Park version last night and had me watch it. I laughed in that "oh god that is so gross but I can't stop watching" way. So now I'm destined to see the movie!

Mr. Jones: Ah yes, I do believe the Virgin Poster drew me inexplicably to your site! The Shiraz is a 'thing' here in the midwest, all the ladies recommend it to their friends, and we all get nice and toasted! Yer wife has a keen palate!

Pisser: I'm sorry. Really sorry. It sounds like comic incest, all inbreeding and banjo-pickin'.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

P Kitty has it right and this is one of the gazillion reasons the missus and I got out...


...besides my lack of an act. Mrs. J was much funnier and got very close to the brass ring, and then decided that it wasn't worth it.

P Kitty can confirm this having seen both of us perform "the funny".

I think.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Mr. Jones: I DO want to see you perform. And I totally mean that in the non-sexual way! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home