Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hummmmmmm....

Little things that made my day (so far):

1) Getting ready for work and then crawling back into bed with Sergei for some spoon action.
2) Trying to wake up Girl-child and hearing, “No! I need to go back to sleep and finish my dream!” And TOTALLY getting her burning desire, letting her sleep for 5 more minutes, waking her up again. “What was your dream about?” “Popsicles.” Yes! What better dream is there for a sweaty 5-year old???
3) Boy-child finding his missing GameBoy Wireless Remote at daycamp. Hooray!
4) New Late Guy being on time today for the 10 a.m. Projects Meeting so we could discuss his project. Congrats on the new alarm clock!
5) Local bookstore left a voice-mail message about some book I special ordered, essays on censorship. Picked it up at lunchtime, expecting it to cost $25 or more. Surprise! $15! Still sealed in plastic! And they validate parking!
6) Finding a super-secret driving path through campus to circumvent the road construction they decided to undertake ONE WEEK before the college students get back. Suckahs!
7) Caught my reflection in the window of a door at work. I’m looking goooooood today!
8) A boring salad is improved 1000% by putting something crunchy on top. Sunflower seeds, for instance.
9) Friends emails with photos of animals in cute poses actually made me laugh instead of groan and hit ‘Delete’.
10) Co-worker friend brought in guacamole he made last night. OMG. Fantastic! Ole!

Yeah, and there were some things that should have bugged me today, but I chose not to think about them. ‘Cause really, I don’t want nuthin’ harshin’ my mellow today…!

8 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger annush said...

I could so use some good guacamole and the accompanying nachos at that!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Oh, you'd love it, nice little chunks in there, nice spices. AND the guy makes his own salsa! I'm addicted, totally....

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

I love finding super-secret paths! It makes me feel like a kid again, except I'm driving and I have facial hair and I worry about money and bills.

But besides that... ;>

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Orange said...

I had a splendid experience this afternoon. I was hungry and headachy and feeling a touch of cognitive impairment, driving me and the kid home from the Taco Bell drive-thru. I was spacing out, lost in thought...and bonked right into the car in front of me at the red light. (Shit!) The guy pulled over, I pulled over, he observed a new scratch on his red bumper...and he said "Ah, it's all right," got back in his car and drove off. Is that amazing or what?

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

I like Orange's story, too...praise the lord for leaving some of the cool kids around to make our days brighter!

love going back to sleep to finish great dreams!!! so cute..

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Oh, to be 5 and sweaty and dreaming about Popsicles and not boys, because boys have cooties.

And hooray for reflective objects!

Ole-!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Mr. Jones: I say we all build tree-houses and escape with some snack cakes and cans of really, really cheap soda! And comic books! Yeah!

Orange: You are SO lucky! Last time a guy bumped into me while I was with the kids waiting in the McDonalds line, he pissed me off, but I didn't yell at him because he was, like, 6'3" and 250 lbs and was Scary Biker Man. Yay for you!

Lisa: We need to find more cool kids, I think, where the heck are they hiding??!

Pisser: Does the crossing the fingers 'Cootie-Protection' thing still work? Or do we have to write 'CP' on the backs of our hands, I forget....

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

MB- That'd be cool, except I have to get home caus it's getting dark and my parents will start worrying...

... man, I wish I was older so I wouldn't have to go home so early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home