Little things that made my day (so far):
1) Getting ready for work and then crawling back into bed with Sergei for some spoon action.
2) Trying to wake up Girl-child and hearing, “No! I need to go back to sleep and finish my dream!” And TOTALLY getting her burning desire, letting her sleep for 5 more minutes, waking her up again. “What was your dream about?” “Popsicles.” Yes! What better dream is there for a sweaty 5-year old???
3) Boy-child finding his missing GameBoy Wireless Remote at daycamp. Hooray!
4) New Late Guy being on time today for the 10 a.m. Projects Meeting so we could discuss his project. Congrats on the new alarm clock!
5) Local bookstore left a voice-mail message about some book I special ordered, essays on censorship. Picked it up at lunchtime, expecting it to cost $25 or more. Surprise! $15! Still sealed in plastic! And they validate parking!
6) Finding a super-secret driving path through campus to circumvent the road construction they decided to undertake ONE WEEK before the college students get back. Suckahs!
7) Caught my reflection in the window of a door at work. I’m looking goooooood today!
8) A boring salad is improved 1000% by putting something crunchy on top. Sunflower seeds, for instance.
9) Friends emails with photos of animals in cute poses actually made me laugh instead of groan and hit ‘Delete’.
10) Co-worker friend brought in guacamole he made last night. OMG. Fantastic! Ole!
Yeah, and there were some things that should have bugged me today, but I chose not to think about them. ‘Cause really, I don’t want nuthin’ harshin’ my mellow today…!