Monday, August 08, 2005

The Party's Over

Ten Things That Totally Rocked About Last Weekend:

1) Drinking all the alcohol we could hold
2) Eating everything we wanted
3) Sleeping in late
4) Sex. Screaming sex. Whenever we wanted.
5) Not cooking ONE meal at home…the only dishes to be done were for the cat’s dinners.
6) The quiet…ah…the quiet.
7) Not having to tie anyone’s shoes, reminding anyone to pee before we left, or breaking up sibling squabbles.
8) Reading a book with no interruptions. (That McSweeneys book is awesome!)
9) Being alone with Sergei and doing grown-up things.
10) Knowing the kids were safe and having fun.

Ten Things That Totally Sucked About Last Weekend:

1) Wanting to upload tattoo pictures for blog and realizing our home internet conx was down (damn you, SBC!).
2) Four loads of laundry, after the dirt-caked kids were home. I finished at 1 a.m.
3) Groceries, oh, shit, I have to plan dinners and lunches again.
4) Sunday night having to remember all the things that need to be done for Monday…backpacks, sleeping bags, lunches, taekwondo uniform, bills to be mailed, camp schedule. Frick.
5) Girlchild crying all the way home because she missed the grandparents she just left.
6) Boychild crying because I yelled at him when we got home, and ‘grandma and grandpa didn’t do that’, and I’m a mean-ass mom.
7) Four days worth of beer and endless food expanding my belly, oh great, it’s Atkins time.
8) Seeing note on calendar, “Pap test” for next week.
9) Thinking I’m dying when I finally get to bed because I feel pukey and my back hurts like death and is creeping up my neck and strangling my head, and all I can do is whimper and Sergei is rubbing my back and I’m seriously thinking about taking a dozen Motrin *just to see what happens*.
10) Work? I have to work? What the fuuuuuck? 6 a.m. is a criminal time to wake up.

Hopefully tattoo pictures tomorrow. And looking forward to almost a week off around Labor Day weekend. And I have no witty little ditty to end this blog post with.

8 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Sergei C. said...

We posted within moments of each other - I think we're still in the groove :)(and I hope you are feeling better).

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Orange said...

And was Sergei also up late doing housework last night? [tap, tap, tap]

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Sergei: Better, yes, albeit with a bit of nausea (I think migraine, but jury's still out). Speaking of being 'in the groove', there's still one or two things we didn't get to do this weekend, ya know, and I can stifle the screams with a pillow...!

Orange: I let my baby sleep, 'cause I rode him hard and fast all weekend. And he'll be prancing around my corral later tonight! (Sergei=Horse, apparently!)

Oh, and sorry y'all about my general attitude, really, the sucky parts weren't so terribly sucky, but I can't believe I'm sitting here at work when there's a perfectly good bed at home and beer in the frig. And Sergei to be handled.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Yeah, the toughest part about that kind of a weekend is that it comes to an end, and the plunge back into reality can be devastating.

The good news is that as your kids get older, that kind of weekend will come more and more often ....

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

It sounds...marvelous! Pure perfection. And yeah, the only bad part is when it ends, and real life piles back on top of you, having not actually continued on without you at all...

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger annush said...

seems to me like the negative all happened after the vacation so it's all good.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Little too much drinky-drinky? ;)

Apparently, after my mom once left me with my grandparents for a week, I cried when she came to pick me up because I didn't want to go home.

She likes to remind me that this made her feel like crap but I was probably 6 and don't even remember doing this.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Serra: This SBC/Yahoo DSL is s'posed to be pretty fast, and usually is, until they forget to feed the hamster that runs the wheel. Argh.

jo(e): Oh, I'm looking forward to those weekends! Now that we know how heavenly they are, we certainly won't wait 10 more years to do this again!

Lisa: Oh yeah, it was! We'll have to catch up on the 'purchases' made during the weekend! ;-)

Annush: Y'know, you're right! I AM glad it happened in the order it did!

Pisser: Much drinky-drinky. Our pile of returnable beer bottles is quite vast now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home