The Party's Over
Ten Things That Totally Rocked About Last Weekend:
1) Drinking all the alcohol we could hold
2) Eating everything we wanted
3) Sleeping in late
4) Sex. Screaming sex. Whenever we wanted.
5) Not cooking ONE meal at home…the only dishes to be done were for the cat’s dinners.
6) The quiet…ah…the quiet.
7) Not having to tie anyone’s shoes, reminding anyone to pee before we left, or breaking up sibling squabbles.
8) Reading a book with no interruptions. (That McSweeneys book is awesome!)
9) Being alone with Sergei and doing grown-up things.
10) Knowing the kids were safe and having fun.
Ten Things That Totally Sucked About Last Weekend:
1) Wanting to upload tattoo pictures for blog and realizing our home internet conx was down (damn you, SBC!).
2) Four loads of laundry, after the dirt-caked kids were home. I finished at 1 a.m.
3) Groceries, oh, shit, I have to plan dinners and lunches again.
4) Sunday night having to remember all the things that need to be done for Monday…backpacks, sleeping bags, lunches, taekwondo uniform, bills to be mailed, camp schedule. Frick.
5) Girlchild crying all the way home because she missed the grandparents she just left.
6) Boychild crying because I yelled at him when we got home, and ‘grandma and grandpa didn’t do that’, and I’m a mean-ass mom.
7) Four days worth of beer and endless food expanding my belly, oh great, it’s Atkins time.
8) Seeing note on calendar, “Pap test” for next week.
9) Thinking I’m dying when I finally get to bed because I feel pukey and my back hurts like death and is creeping up my neck and strangling my head, and all I can do is whimper and Sergei is rubbing my back and I’m seriously thinking about taking a dozen Motrin *just to see what happens*.
10) Work? I have to work? What the fuuuuuck? 6 a.m. is a criminal time to wake up.
Hopefully tattoo pictures tomorrow. And looking forward to almost a week off around Labor Day weekend. And I have no witty little ditty to end this blog post with.