Monday, November 21, 2005

Room for Dessert

Busy week, yo. I’m *this close* to having a dozen documents typed, proofread by a fellow group member, and ready to present to the Kindergarten Group this week. THEN I can stop staying up til 1 a.m. every night banging on a computer. (And by ‘banging’, I don’t mean anything sexual, and isn’t that a damn shame.)

I’m also trying to figure out celebration stuff for the Boy-child’s upcoming birthday.

Plus…oh, what was it? Oh yeah! Thanksgiving! The turkey’s defrosting, there’s a jar of peeled chestnuts in my cupboard, I’ve scoured the Food Network website for recipes, have started my finalFINAL grocery list, and think my husband is amazing.

Beyond the usual amazing.

Here’s the deal…Sergei’s grandfather is all alone in a northern Michigan town. Sergei spoke with him last night and offered to drive the four hours up to get Gramps, four hours back down to our house, feast and feast and feast, and take Gramps back up the next day…four hours up, four hours back. Because we love Gramps. We miss Gramps. It’s the right thing to do. And Sergei is an absolute gentleman and loving creature.

So I have imposed self-pressure to make this Thanksgiving extra special.

I figure, I’ll make stuff early that I can, take time to breathe and not the shoo the kids totally out of the kitchen, and crack open a bottle of wine. And maybe swipe a fingerful of sweet potato pie…mmm…pie….

If’n I don’t catch ya before Thursday, have a bountiful and joyous Thanksgiving, y’all! I'll save you a slice of pecan-bourbon cheesecake!

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

Okay, where's our invite?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Cynical Girl: You get a special invite to bring the hubby to our town for dinner and drinks, before you get whisked off to the Big City! I'll make whatever dessert you want. Is it a deal?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I've long suspected that Sergei was a really sweet guy ....

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger annush said...

pecan bourbon cheesecake??? I WANT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home