Thursday, November 10, 2005

Oh Run-A Oh Run-A Oh Runaway...Please Come Home

Sometimes being a grownup sucks, in that you have to be dependable and productive and remember stuff and correct your elders and try not be too shaken up when your child tells you he had a dream where you DIED.

My posts have dropped off as of late because I'm hella busy with just everything.

Well, not everything, as I'm sure that would involve a mishmash of flooring tiles, pastry tubes, the collected works of Neil Diamond, ear wax, runny eggs, and chads.

I've been busy with work, which is bustin' my ass because our marketing department is made up of morons...no, scratch that...our marketing department is made up of lobotomized sewer rats who think the company president's ass tastes reeeeeeeeal good, just like chickin'. Meanwhile, they have no new ideas, are beating the old ones to frickin' death, and are surprised when our company profits fall like my panties used to at frat parties. (uh, that's a LOT, for those of you who didn't go to college with me. I'm exaggerating. No I'm not.)

I've been busy with this Kindergarten Panel, which I (stupidly?) volunteered to be on, to figure out once and for all (or at least until next year when parents bitch) the value of full-day vs. half-day kindergarten. The other folks on this panel are old, retired, couldn't give a dingleberry what happens, just want to recount the 'good old days' before they retired from the school system, before dinosaurs took up smoking and offed themselves. I'm doing the bulk of the work, the research, the phone calls, the emails, the pavement-pounding, the surveys, because the rest of them don't fcuking care. Which makes me want to hit them soundly with a sock full of pennies, except for one lady that is actually on my side, but is a fence-sitter.

I've been busy with school parties.
Work fund-raisers.
Parent-teacher conferences.
School half-days.
Two kids with dance and taekwondo and birthday parties to attend and homework to finish.
A house.
A Sergei.
And I have to sleep sometimes. But not much.

I've had a cold for 2 months, a leaky eye for 4 months, and have experienced 3 'tingly-arms' episodes in the last week that either means my new thyroid medicine is freaking out my body, or I'm going through early menopause, both of which make me want to open my yap and scream "FUCKBITCHCUNTDYKECOCKJESUSFUCKINGCHRIST" at the top of my lungs...at my body.

My diet is in the crapper, because I forget to eat, and then the only reason I remember is that I start to pass out, and then I reach for quick sugar, in the form of candy. I managed a salad this week. I had pizza tonight. I can now give myself a 'Pillsbury Doughboy Poke', but I don't giggle.

Lately caffeine has been pushing me over the edge, after one cuppa coffee.

I've not followed up on Mona's Orgasm, my Poetry Friday is now Crap Friday, I've been through several Fantasy Boyfriends and not told you anything about them, my blog links aren't up to date, I have little time to read blogs and littler time to comment, and I'm a spotty poster, an unfunny, un-boobie-posting, un-smut-talking blogger.

But.

I still have dirty dreams about you. Does that help?

4 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger SVN, prn said...

Mona,

Few things, first and foremost Your health is very very important.

In regards to your new med try looking it up here... http://www.safemedication.com/resultsList.cfm

and check the side effects for your thyriod med. Don't discount how you sit at work and it maybe a pinched nerve in your elbow (happened to me and I was thinking the arm numbness was the sign of heart trouble) but I suggest you call your Doc regardless.

Also, from one overwhelmed Mom to another, take a deep breath and remember it will get better. Don't worry about us Yawp readers we prefer less posts knowing that you have a silver of sanity left for your family, we'll get over it :o)

SVN, prn

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Orange said...

Speaking of dead parents, at Ben's school, they sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" each morning, and the kids know it as the song about "my father died." Better still, the sheet music has a footnote: They suggest swapping out "my fathers" and singing "land where my parents died." Aaagh!

You may be busy, but your mind is still on fire. Good-tasting ass, smoking dinos, penny socks, and the giggle-free "Pillsbury Doughboy Poke." I know that poke. Hell, I invented that poke. It sucks ass, and not the good-tasting ass either.

Can you get the house to yourself for a few hours of downtime this weekend?

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

Mona,

If it's of any use, which it probably won't be, we DINKS (Double Income No Kids) are in the same boat, for different reasons. We don't have kids, we have pets. I know it's not the same, but they still puke on the furniture and have to be taken to the doctor...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, everyone gets bogged down by health/no time/too little money/etc. etc.... you're not alone!

I'm still trying to figure out how I have three days a week off, but can't manage to get a gosh darned thing done, and it feels like I never see T enough...

I feel your pain!

- M

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger T.A.N. said...

it does help. can't do and be everything all the time. dirty dreams with promises of a return is plenty ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home