Thursday, July 06, 2006

Poetry Friday “Word” for tomorrow, plus Golda Meir, and Orin Scrivello….DDS

1) The sexy, sultry scribbler, Lisa the Bored Housewife, has not only provided this week’s Poetry Friday (Group Blogging Masturbation) “WORD”, but has given us a steamy hot story to go along with it. (I had to splash cold water on my face just now…I mean woo-wee, that stuff is goo-ooood!) Please go to her blog right now, check out the word, the story, and as always, feel free to include the WORD in your blog post tomorrow (Friday), in whatever fashion blows up yer skirt…photo, story, poem, sketch of your squeeze in the buff, YouTube link to your video of YOU in the buff, whatever whatever. Thank you gorgeous Lisa! I owe you a backrub, or a big sloppy wet one, or somethin’ in return….

2) I stopped by the post office this morning and the some little old lady refused to move her body out of the parking space I wanted. Sigh. She finally moved, like a lame snail, and I squealed in. Ran in and deposited my bills in the little slot, ran out, and whaddya know? There’s the little old driver lady at her car door, her door open…again. I climbed in and buckled up, and waited a sec to see if she was getting in or what. She opened her door a bit more, then just stood there, facing me, with a defiant look on her face. She looked like Golda Meir. I waved ‘Shalom’ and drove away. Golda Meir. Huh.

3) After the post office, I went to the dentist. Not by choice. I thought I was doing better at the flossing, I really did, until the dental technician pulled out the big sleeve of sharp pointy metal instruments. She kept digging. And digging. And poking. And making me bleed. Dammit. Then she suggested that in 3 months, if my teeth weren’t any better, I’d have to sign up for 4 sessions of ‘deep scaling’ again, like I did several years ago, which I’m sure shortened my life by half a dozen years. I left with a new kind of toothpaste she swears by, and pamphlets for electric toothbrushes that cost $150. Oh, and a new spool of floss. My gums are throbbing and I want to take a nap. Wah.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

First! Yeah!

On a brighter note, you may want a second opinion on your gums.

My husband is 43 and has had gum trouble since turning 40. It's weird because he takes better care of his teeth than I do, and I don't have any issues. Genetics?

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

cynical girl: My parents both had dentures by the time they were 30, a combination of brushing with only baking soda as a kid and genetics, and whateverthehellelse.
So, really, I feel lucky in comparison.... But still...painful and damn....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home