Monday, June 26, 2006

I just can’t get no relief

HAH, to all the blogpost ideas running through my head this morning. Big hairy balls of HAH.

First thing into work, the servers are down and is anyone here to reboot them? NO. Do I know how to reboot them? No. The Yetti who is our overnight operator had to walk me through this harrowing procedure via phone, which ended up taking our entire department, one by one, as I caught them when they came in the door to start their week.

HAH.

Then, that problem nearly solved, the forklift guy came up to me and said, “Did you know your car has a flat tire?”

Dammittofuckinghell.

No. Of course not.

HAH.

Playing on the kindness of strangers…well, not actually a stranger, one of the guys…changed my tire to that little bagel-like temporary spare, then I hobbled to the tire place to have 4 new tires put on. Because the other ones were bald. Like Kojak, baby. 90 minutes and many $$s later, I made it back to work.

Was I ready for the dearth and depth of the ‘Special Project’ I was given when I returned?

Hells naw.

I choked down lunch, and am contemplating some lovely iced coffee before I sell my soul to the devil so I get those winning lottery numbers.

HAH.

Here endeth the bitchy Monday post.

4 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Holy Bad Day, Batman! (Zing! Pow!) The hits just keep coming! Like, even Haloscan is refusing to let me comment here...I had to resort to Blogger comments.

Tomorrow's gotta be better, right?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger el.dude said...

Those spares are scary. I'd rather strap a real tire to the roof of my car than to be left with one of those...maybe it is because I have a 30 minute highway drive home.

I hope your week improves!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

I'm afraid to check the air in my tires because I don't want the tire to explode and I don't want to go blind from tire shrapnel.

I'm not kidding, which is why I got married.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Here's to every last one of us having one of those Horrible terrible no good very bad days once in awhile. We've been there right with ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home