Chitty Chatty Bang Bang
Gah…someone pulled my string!
This morning my brain is a barrage of thoughts and action verbs and memorized poems and a slightly world-view askew. I stood naked in the bathroom at 5 ay-em with a pen and a blow-in card from a magazine, making a list of Things I Could Blog About, feeling like a less-talented Emily Dickenson writing enigmatically on the back of an envelope. (The fact that I just compared myself to Emily made me spit-take my coffee. HAH.) Now if there were only a USB port on the side of my head so I could download some of the more errant thoughts before the whole thing crashes….
1) My bedroom smells like wet dog. Every room in the house smells like moist beagle. Every building I enter, every outdoor space, every indoor crook and nanny smells like mud-and-water-soaked great dane. Because that’s what Spring smells like…it smells like “and the goat-footed baloonMan whistles far and wee”….
2) Spraying deodorant in your pits is much like spraying grafitti on a wall. Hey! Why doesn’t someone market deodorant like that? In pretty colors and nice scents, like an over-all body spray, but in reds and blues and with directions on how to make those big crooked moving-train-letters of your name, so you can flash the boss and the guy on the bus and the homeless man asking for change? “Kilroy Was Here!” running down the length of my ribcage, with a big dot in the pit.
3) Jeff Daniels is everywhere. Just like Elvis. He’s in this movie, opening Friday. He pops up in our local newspaper. I am Three Degrees of Separation from him…a good friend has a good friend that has dinner with Jeff on a regular basis. I’ve been to his theatre. I think I have a crush.
4) Did Siddhartha eat cookies? I took a bunch of cookies to work yesterday (white chocolate macadamia nut), and Big-Bellied Co-worker ate at least a dozen himself. Wull, yeah, he has a problem. However. I saw him sitting at his desk in the afternoon with such contented countenance, he looked like a much bigger-bellied version of Buddha, but without the ascetic tendencies or the groovy hair.
5) Due to the goings-on in my bedroom last night, I woke up with this song in my head. This song has the ability in itself to make me supremely happy. I did some communication research in college for a professor who played this video during a research setup to get students in a ‘neutral mood’…sorry, it just makes me want to slap my knees with happy fists.
Come to think of it, it's prolly that last item there that has me in a good mood...thanks, Sergei. Now I must run up and down the halls in manic, childish glee, for no reason whatsoever….