Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Executive Transvestite

I have a ‘thing’ for Eddie Izzard.

Whu…a thing?

Yeah. A “thing”.
A big “Thing”.
A huge drooling, pawing “THING”.

Last night was the pilot episode of a new show on FX called “The Riches”, which starred Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. An interesting little tidbit there. Eddie in a serious role, so unlike his standup, which sucks me in every time. The serious stuff he does is fine, I mean, yeah, but the standup is tres manifique. And yes, I probably misspelled that. Oui.

I dreamt about him last night.

If you get the chance, watch one of his shows, from beginning to end…you must watch the whole thing, because his comedy has a circular pattern…he’ll riff on something at the beginning that he winds around like a yarn ball throughout the show, ending with a spectacular bit of “ta-da!” and a fashionable sweater. He throws in French and religion and the President of Burundi. It’s quite something.

He’s a beautiful man.

And no, he didn’t pay me to say that.

I'm attaching a few YouTube links, but really, all you need to do is search that site and you'll find a billion jillion links to his standup. Most of it is NSFW, but the thinking person's NSFW. Plus I've learned how to say "the monkey is on the branch" in French. So, yeah.

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger meno said...

I watched "Velvet Goldmine" a few nights ago.

It was very moving, but i really don't know what happened.

I bring this up because Eddie is in that too. I also saw him in that supergirl type movie with Uma Thurman. He was good.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Faith said...

"Le singe et sur la table."

The part where the story turns into a basic rundown of "Speed" en francais is one of my favorites from "Dress." Of course, I took many semesters of French and lived in Paris for 3 months once, so it makes sense to me. Cracks my shit up, actually. My fiance? Not so much.

I TiVo'd the re-run of "The Riches" that was on last night. I can't wait to watch it tonight, dammit!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Orange said...

I have an old VHS tape of one of his stand-up shows. Funny shit there.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah jeeze, I missed the preview, but I have to agree--his standup is second to none. Doing Sean Connery cast as Noah posting all the animals with long ears along the side of the ship so they'll all fly in the wind and it'll look really grand...oh I almost pee myself every time I hear it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home