Thursday, March 08, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, and the root of sensual is “sense”

The handsome and talented Gary will be offering up the Poetry Friday Word today, which you may use in your blog post tomorrow in some creatively-artsy manner. Gary is one prolific blogger, posting several times a day with photos and music and all sorts of linky goodness. (Mmmm…linky….) Be sure to stop by his site today for the Word, and check out his online pottery shop while you’re there. (I’m drinking my morning coffee from one of his “Niche Pig Mugs” as we speak.) Rawk on, man!

I went to bed early last night (early for me…anything before Midnight is “early”), and got nearly 6 hours of sleep. Fitful sleep, yes, interrupted sleep, of course, but if one were keeping track, six hours would be the ballpark. Thing is, I got all messed up because I slept with socks on. Nothing else. Just socks. That’s usually how I sleep…bare-ass nekked, which I would totally recommend to y’all. The trouble with socks (isn’t that the name of a children’s book?), the trouble is, it makes a body TOO warm, and when the natural sleep-rhythm or the alarum clock demands you awaken, your feet get all huffy and tantrum-y and demand to be put back in bed, dammit, back in the warm bed, dontcha wanna go back to bed, Mona?, it’s nice and warm and toasty and soft, and ooh, there’s a man in there, you could do a lot with that, huh, back in bed, dontcha wanna…???

Of course. Fack.

But I had to get up. Drug myself to the bathroom and figured the only way I could revive myself, apart from taking off the stupid socks, was to assault my senses. I kept track of everything that made me focus attention for more than 1.25 seconds, and y’know what? It worked. I shook off the down blanket of heavy sleep. Well, that, and standing naked in the bathroom in front of a split mirror that contorts ones features, and nearly being run over by a medical student on their way to morning lab. Gah.

My scribbled list, from alarm clock to entering workplace:

1) A plane flew over the house, way too low, using some local landmarks as a compass. Dear Mr. Pilot…when I can count the bolts that hold the landing gear on, you’re flying too low. Back off, Jackson.

2) Once the plane disappeared and the house stopped rattling, the moon waved at me from its velvety blue perch, its right side all soft and shaded, looking like an egg ready to be dipped in colored water and decorated with stickers of bunnies and chicks.

3) I always check on the sleeping kids before I leave. I listen to them breathing. I can feel their body heat from the doorway. I could do that 24/7 for the rest of my life. Love that.

4) My med-taking schedule is so off…trying to regulate the thyroid (‘roid) meds didn’t work, because I’d forget to take the vitamins at the opposite end of the day. Swallowed my synthroid this morning with a full glass of water, which always makes me burp a little chemically.

5) The crossing gates came down at the railroad tracks just as I approached this morning. I cursed as usual. Where’s the damn train? Toooooot. One car. One engine passed. The gates went up, all clear. Poor lonely train.

6) Medical student going waytoofast tried to run me down and all cars ahead of me to get to Med Center. Dude. You’re a medical student. Remember? You have to take an oath to “do no harm”? WTF? You trying to create patients?

7) A skunk must have wandered out from hibernation for a snack and gotten spooked by the train. The air around work stinks. Of course, Night Computer Guy Who Doesn’t Bathe is at work too, so it might not be that critter after all…. (Yeah, sure, I’ll burn in a Special Hell for that remark….)

8) Work is too hot. There are multiple furnaces to keep the place toasty, and we’ve had trouble as of late keeping them on and making sure they shut off. I had to take off my sweater this morning because of the insane heat, and thank the jeebus I had a strappy tanky thing on underneath. Wait. Um…wait…let me check the archives…oh yeah, it’s this shirt (Warning: Might be NSFW...you decide). I used to be a much sexier blogger. I don't know what happened....

8 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

Oh! So there you are, in your little purple t-shirt. I would like too warn yur readers that although I am currently hinting on my site about the word for Friday,
it is NOT ferret. Nope, not this time.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

Nope, the word isn't shark either, but yes, the post and the word are UP.
http://grpottersblog.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Sense indeed. Have to check out the shirt from home.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

I wouldn't call it nsfw, but it feels like somebody turned the heat up around here, doesn't it??

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger meno said...

Night Computer Guy Who Doesn’t Bathe

ha ha ha...Love that. See you in hell.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Well by the sound of your work conditions, you are in hell all ready. So make all the comments you want and just throw off the sweater! But don't let Night Computer Guy see you in the tank ... that could be trouble.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Nyack! What a shirt! Piscatawaaaay!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger jaded said...

That medical student is well on his way to becoming an arrogant doctor if he's already disregarding courtesy and traffic laws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home