Thursday, February 22, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, plus…a 40th Birthday Gift

Work is crushing me under its gigantic, hairy thumb, and my thoughts are scattered.

Once again, I’ve neglected to appoint one of you brilliant creative folks as Poetry Friday WORD-Giver. I remembered this last night right before the kids went to bed, and asked Girl-child, “If I were to write a story, and put a special word in it, what would that word be?”

Girl-child thought for one entire second, then her eyes popped open and she shouted, “COOKIE”, and did a little cookie-dance, to make sure I understood. Then she ran to get some paper and a pencil, and started her very own story about cookies. Which she wouldn’t show me. Because it’s a secret. If she finishes it tonight, I’ll post it tomorrow.

The Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow is COOKIE. Please feel free to sprinkle a few crumbs of that word into the bedsheets of your blog post tomorrow…in a poem, story, photo, recipe, spam-filter anecdote, moral lesson of no morals….


I have a question for y’all.

Last night I was invited to a birthday party for a friend who’s turning 40. I have no idea what to get her. I mean…NO idea…as in, the creative part of my brain that loves to do the ‘just-right’ present thing has taken a powder and is hiding, whimpering, in the small space behind the basement toilet. Can y’all give me some ideas? Something cool and groovy and just-right?

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger gary rith said...

GOOD LORD MONA, how about a piggy bank? Have you forgotten me already?
Oh, no time.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger meno said...

GC for a massage. I love those myself.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

A basket of Beauty Aids! Attach a note that says: Not that your beauty is fading but....!!
You could spa type things in it as well...masks, eye cooler gel pack things..

Or the massage idea is great too...or if you have some old pics, get copies and make a collage on a placemat size and laminate it at the print shop.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

40 of something.

40 pennies.
40 quarters.
40 dimes.
40 nickels.
40 donations to local charities.
40 flowers.
40 cupcakes.
40 stuffed bears.
40 pieces of bacon.
40 visits for electrolysis.
40 white russians.
40 ben stillers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home