Monday, April 02, 2007

Bacon

1) Nutty White Russians were a favourite drink of mine in college. (White Russian w/ Amaretto) This morning I’m listening to Nutty White Russians, also known as Limpopo. Yes, they sing in Russian which, as you know, gits me all tingly. They take old Russian folksongs and groove 'em up. You get the sense that if they were playing in your local pub, you’d be slowly getting drunk on very good vodka. And eating salty fish. And kissing the very red cheeks of the bartender.

2) Boy-child stated this weekend, “I want to be a vegetarian.”
“Okay”, I said. “So what sort of vegetarian? What sorts of protein will you eat?”
“Fish,” he said. “Fish and eggs and nuts. Tofu. Cheese. And bacon. And sausage. And ham and hot dogs. And chicken nuggets. But no beef. Yuck. But I’ll eat lots of bacon.”
I have no idea what to call that sort of diet…lacto-ovo-seafood-porkish-nugget vegetarian? Suggestions?

3) I was tucking Girl-child in bed this weekend, and she suddenly said, “Oops! I stuck my hand in your bra!” I had to look down and s-l-o-w-l-y realize that yes, she had. “I didn’t even notice!”, I said, and we both started giggling. I s’pose it’s natural, as I breastfed her all those years ago. But to not notice? Should I be concerned now that in some meeting-or-other, one of my co-workers will suddenly blurt out, “Oops! I stuck my hand in your bra!”, and I won’t have noticed?

4) I took last Friday off work, so this morning it was nigh impossible to shake off the bliss of a Three-Day-Weekend. I had to git down wid my bad self. And Eagles of Death Metal. I’m linking to some . Videos. Here. In case you need a sexy kick in the pants this morning. Sexy. Yes. So don’t let the boss catch ya.

8 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

A Nutty White Russian sounds excellent - I love anything with amaretto in it!

The other week I was wearing my favorite necklace (a pear on a long chain) and a friend's three-year-old boy was sitting on my lap, playing with it. At a certain point I became a little worried that it might become harmed, so I stuck it down my shirt. To everyone's great amusement, that little boy stuck his hand right down there, after it!

"Breast fed babies!" said that little boy's mother, with a laugh. It was funny.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger egan said...

For some reason I can't get passed this whole bra thing. I'm such a guy at times.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger nina said...

Thanks for the music suggestion, I am sending to a friend- she's russian she may enjoy or think I am insane.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, not that I'm curious or anything, and not that I want to try the whole hand-down-the-bra thing, but which meetings do you regularly attend where this might occur and where does the line to sing up start? *grin*

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

I might be the wrong person to ask about coworker issues....

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger meno said...

Let me know when you figure out what kind of vegetarian your son is. I want to be a vegetarian who eats bacon too.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Ask boy child if there is also a vegetarian program that includes beef and prohibits the chicken nuggets, I'm sure the Mister would on board for that.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Never had Black Russians but Brown Cows did it for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home