Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Machine_Check_Exception

Heh.

The one thing I really didn't need to see this morning was a blue screen with the words...

Physical Memory Dump Complete

...when I was checking blogs and submitting a comment.

Now I believe I'm facked, and not in a good boom-chikka-boom-way, but in an "Oh My God, I've Lost All My Files" sort of way.

I suspect one of the pc guys was fiddling with my machine last night. Either way, I'm gonna be kickin' ass today to get a new computer.

Please leave good juju, mojo, chants, and charms that I can back up my files before all hell breaks loose. "...complete hardware failure" my lily white butt....

9 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Good karma coming your way. :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Gordo said...

[sigh] ... This is why backups should be a proactive action, not a reactive one.

Speaking as a "pc-guy"....

Good luck, Mona!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger meno said...

I learned my lesson on backing things up the hard, sad way.

Chanting for your new computer.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Gah!!!

Boy, it does sound bad, doesn't it? But then, to me, the completely tech-impared person, it all sounds bad.

I'll send all the good karma thoughts I can, for all the good it'll do. Actually, how about if I send good 'spanking new computer' thoughts?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Jay: Thanks, man!

Gordo: Our overnight computer operator's nightly processes are supposed to include backups. I say "supposed to". Yeah. Sometimes the guy forgets. For a long time.

Meno: Our home computer crashed hard a while ago and we thought we lost years worth of photos we'd never backed up. I bawled my eyes out til Sergei found 'em. Now I'm compulsive about it. 'Cause I never know when I'll need that photo of my butt I took to see just how big it really is.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Diana: I'll take the spanking! Er...I meant to say...the spanking new computer. (Hello, Dr. Freud?)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Blue screens on computers are such an ugly sight. funny how just a simple color in a given situation can turn your stomach...

new computer, new computer, inordinately large screen to go with it, inordinately large screen to go with it, new computer, new computer...

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger gary rith said...

'Complete hardware failure' and your 'lily white butt' on the same line! That sounds naughty.

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark my words, computers will be the death of us all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home