Thursday, May 24, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow, etc.

I feel guilt...actual GUILT...for not putting up at least one post this week.

Work is hell. Exciting, busy. But hell.

After-school activities have taken my free time (I actually wept when Girl-child's soccer team had their final party last Saturday...that cuts out two practices and one game every week! tear....).

Lately I am comatose after dinner, not really in a mood to post. Like I need an excuse to not post. But still. The guilt.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I was gone all day on a field trip with Boy-child’s class to Famous Park on Lake Michigan. Oh, it was beautiful! Sunny, in the 80s, the lake sparkled in its chilly spring coat, the sand dunes were gorgeously tan and poofy. We didn’t lose any kids, and only one got sick at lunchtime, when we stopped at Old Country Buffet, and they made pigs of themselves at the steam tables. So it goes.

The Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow, in honour of yesterday’s activities, is TRIP. Now, I realize this has several meanings…a visit, a stumble, a thing that blows your mind. Use whatever variant gets between your toes, or make one up! Feel free to use it in your blog post tomorrow in your favourite form…poem, story, photo, sketch, acid-flashback, drunken rambling….

The trip yesterday was nice, but y’know what I liked the best? That my prayers and rain-dances and pleadings and cursings to Teh Gods and Spirits on High were answered, and my period didn’t start in all its torrential, chunky, sanguine glory. Ahhh…thank god for The Pill. I’m just a little skittish now what my First Period On The Pill will be like. What, will puppies and kittens come out my nethers? Pieces of eight? Brown paper packages tied up with string? Jeebus, but I swear, when my daughter turns 30, or maybe 40, we’re having a little talk about uterusus (uteri?) and how fallible and naughty they can be, ‘cause if I knew mine was gonna throw such a damn dirty fit eventually, I would have bought Super Plus tampons a loooong time ago and bought more black pants.

9 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

That is so neat that, although you work, you still go on trips with your kids! They will always remember that and as a teacher, I know the teachers appreciate good help.

Give the Pill time to do its magic..it'll be better.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger jaded said...

I hope the pill will be the equivalent of manna from heaven, or at least a really good glass of wine. I've missed you this week, but life happens, and shit happens. Given the choice, I'd probably opt for sex over blogging too...that is what you mean isn't it? *wink*, *wink*

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger karmic said...

Missed your posting this week. :) Glad to know you are well.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger meno said...

All hail to the mighty pill. It can tame the mightiest torrent and subdue it into a small stream.

Trip it is, if i can think of anything that is....

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Don't sweat the missing posts, lady. We're a patient lot. MOI is right, the kids will sure remember you going along on those trips. As for the pill, its been my little friend for quite awhile now, keeping me from having periods. It's a nice state of being.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If puppies and kitties start falling from your uterus you need to make sure and get a video of it. YouTube would eat that sorta thing up. Watch out, Wikifilming!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

*blink blink* They didn't tell you about the flying monkeys? Oh you're in for a treat.

Seriously, give the pill a month or two.

I'm glad you had some Good Life Stuff getting in the way this week.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

Ah, so this is what we have been missing ::blush::

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Lucia said...

I've come to the point where if something doesn't sort of write itself in my head, I don't post. It shouldn't be a chore. It should be something that spontaneously wants to erupt.

And the uterus. Yeah, been there. Done that. I'm a very happy woman without it. No more dark pants. No more super absorbencies. It's a bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home