Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wake me up, John Hughes!

1) I woke up to the alarm. Walked on weary legs to the bathroom. Peed. Brushed teeth, and finger-combed hair. Washed face. Deodorant, perfume. Put on makeup. Put on clothes. Packed my lunch, walked out the door, drove to work, and as I was settling down to a nice cup of hot java in front of my computer…
…my alarm went off. For real. That first part there? A dream. I slapped at the alarm and sat on the edge of the bed. Was THIS a dream? Dammit. I’m exhausted from dreaming that I’m awake only to realize I’m dreaming. Lately my dreams have been extremely vivid and real-time, like I’ve been karmically sentenced to live out two lifetimes at once…one during the day and one at night. I’m getting too old for this shit.

2) I’m in 80s throwback mode. Yesterday I posted the “Sixteen Candles” clip, and since then, I’ve had lines from that movie, from “Ferris Bueller”, “Breakfast Club”, and every other 80s teen-movie that dares come into my brain door with Madonna-tights and pixie boots. Then this morning I had this song in my head. I so love Robert Smith. I could eat him.

12 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

Rock on, Mona.
hey, a little box went west today, watch for a bonus in there too!

This is the one time a month my computer doesn't freeze when I visit here, maybe I should write some more, like

YES, start a new blog about, you know, those other issues you mention down there.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Lulu (Dan's cat) said...

I like to trip dad when he stumbles out of bed in the morning. You should see the expression on his face!

MEOWWWW!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I love that song but I've never seen the video. Get a load of that hair - on all of them! 80's killer. If you dream about getting up and going to work wouldn't it be acceptable then to sleep at work?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger jaded said...

You probably don't want to hear about me taking a cat nap and dreaming that I was napping...I always thought Robert Smith was underrated.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger meno said...

gary, c'mon, you're married, you can say it. PERIOD!

Robert Smith is cool.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm...so how exactly would one SERVE Robert Smith? Tartar? Lightly roasted with onions and garlic, with bread pudding for afters? With a side salad of angst?

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, man! You had a Calvin dream! Remember Calvin and Hobbes? He had a dream like that where he got ready for school, et all.

However you'd serve Rober Smith, he'd love to see you eat in the middle of the night.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Like they say...This too shall pass.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

'Monthlies', Meno?

Hey, blooger let me visit here 2 days running!

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually kinda like the sound of living two lives at once...

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Elliot said...

Robert Smith, at one time, was the best songwriter on the (or, MY) planet. The Cure owns a good chunk of my iPod, not including the hair.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

I'm thinking of my high school boyfriend. [Sigh.] We were so cute together. He wore Converse on his feet and a bad attitude on his face. I had punk rock socks and a shaved head. Isn't that what love is all about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home