Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Out of the Mouth of a Babe

What do you say in a day?

What words and phrases pass through your lips, over your tongue, with the blind intent of reaching someone’s ear and disseminating information?

This morning I was pondering what my verbal messages to the world were yesterday…the actual, physical expression of voice, and not just the voices in my head who try to tempt me with chocolate and the snooze button.

Here are some things that came out of my mouth yesterday. In sequential order, but not everything I said, I mean, what am I, a dictaphone?

“G’mornin’, Night Guy.”

“I’m leavin’ for a doctor’s appointment, back in a while.”

“ArrrrGGGHHHH!!”

“…it was as long as my arm!”

“I thought about you this morning.”

“I’ll look at that after I answer this email.”

“Let’s celebrate it on Tuesday.”

“You’re here!”

“Wanna walk?”

“Unless you WANT to get caught.”

"I told him fixes to make, and he wouldn't fix 'em."

"She's a bigwig now."

“Why didn’t she ask you?”

“No, they’re NOT gonna fire you. Shut up.”

“I love Lindsey Buckingham. Talented, and more importantly, cute.”

Lookin’ out for loooooooove….”

“See you tomorrow, gentlemen.”

“How was your day?”

“I hope you get it, too.”

“Yes, just this loaf, and a cup of brewed coffee, on ice, please.”

“Congratulations, buddy, I’m so proud of you!”

“Let’s make a list of the clouds, you can help me draw the pictures.”

“Thanks for dinner, hon.”

“C’mon baby girl, let’s tuck you in.”

“Meow. Now close your eyes."

"I love you.”

“Boychild. Go up and brush your teeth and pee. Now. When I hear you walk into your bedroom, I’ll come up.”

“Yes, I’m very proud of you.”

"I love you."

“I’d rather talk to him about sex than talk to him about Hitler.”

“G’night, hon.”

"I love you."

8 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Lucia said...

I LOVE this! And I'm thinking about keeping track myself today to see what kinda blog post it'd turn into!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger karmic said...

lol.. I loved it. I am afraid mine would not all be the kind to be reproduced on my blog ;)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger meno said...

It's cool how it all adds up to make a picture of a day.

I might steal this idea sometime, with proper credit.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

This was funny. I could picture you talking to various people throughout the day - in logical settings. What a fun exercise.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Diana said...

You're right. Lindsey Buckingham is lovely. Fun to put in the other parts of the conversation out of my own mind.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Let's make a list of the clouds..." That one really caught me--poetic, surreal, and very enticing. *s* You ought to save that for a Poetry Friday.

And speaking of cheap ripoffs *grin* here's your official invite to The New Irrelephant blog-- Cheetah Balls

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Neat, but I could never remember enough of what I said in a day..does that mean I talk a lot?!!!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

“I love Lindsey Buckingham. Talented, and more importantly, cute.”

You rule.

Fun, fun post!

(P.S. Lindsey did the 'love grunts' in Big Love)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home