Friday, April 20, 2007

Poetry Friday: The Word is SLIDE

Thanks to my lovin' man, Sergei, for offering up the Poetry Friday Word for Today...SLIDE. Feel free to use that luscius lil' nugget in your blog post today, in whatever fashion you choose...poem, story, voice-over, lucky lottery ticket, recipe for ravioli....

I have three today. I tried a poetry trick, using the alphabet, for the first one (hah...written frantically whilst the Night Computer Guy was hounding me about printer setting...like I care). Second is a video of one of my favourite slides. Third, an homage to one of my all-time favourite writers, Kurt Vonnegut.

Have a good weekend, y'all!

1) The Poetry Trick

Slide Side/Side

Amorous Alice
Beckoned Ben breathlessly
Carefully, coyly
Delicious, delectable
Effused erotic
Flirting, fluttering
Gushing
Hushed, hiding
Imbibing
Jiving
Keep kissing
Love, lust
Must
NOW
Ohhhh
Prone-postured, pondering
Quick
Rough
Sex, sex, slippery sliding silkily
Tender touches
Undeniable
Victory
Watching, waiting, wooing
XX XY
You, yes
Zzz

2) Favourite Slide





3) The first photo in the slide show, middle of the page, 1/3 the way down, is the face of Kurt I'll always remember...an intelligent imp, ready to kick ass, then sit by the fire with you and a bottle of wine to discuss space travel, politics, and how to draw assholes. So it goes.

7 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Oh my god, I love that movie! Of course, Christmas freak that I am.

I've only read Cat's Cradle by Mr. Vonnegut but I was affected forever. I want to read more of his stuff. I heard him in an interview on NPR recently and was so amazed at his lucidity and intelligence at such an age. He will be missed.

I love the poem, its so fun! I was wondering what you would do with X - HA you're good.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

You young babes (Maggie and Mona!)are just constantly hot! May you never suffer from the hot flashes I do!!! Love the ABC descriptors....of course my Gr. 3's might choose slightly different words! HA!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger meno said...

I like the poetry trick! That's ever so cool.

Thanks for that movie, i've never seen it before.

And for the slide show. KV was a big influence on me when i was a young thing. I devoured his books and still use some of his words in my day to day life, like duprass.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And again, yummy. *s*

Christmas Story is the BEST. And it's funny; Patches referenced Christmas too. Great minds. *s*

Fo the life of me, I couldn't think of a thing to do with the word 'slide.' I'm so ashamed.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

tell me, tell me, tell me how you do that trick...


Excellent alphabetical poetry. I'm sure I wouldn't have made slide so hot - not this Friday, anyway.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mona, I'm glad you had the chutzpah to use 'slide' the way I WANTED to. *lol* Brava!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger karmic said...

That poem rocked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home