Thursday, April 19, 2007

Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow, Plus Jazz Hands

I need a big ol’ sign for my butt that says “Kick Me”.

I can’t get my ass in gear early enough in the week to email all you beautiful people out there in the ether to ask for a Poetry Friday Word. Dagnabbit, what’s my problem?

Last night I begged the man who shares my bed to offer up the Word for this week, and this morning he delivered. (And tonight, dear one, I will repay you with flesh…yes, the Crimson Permanent Assurance has sailed out of port. Wheee!)

The Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow is…SLIDE.

(Which got my mind thinkin’ dirty, no surprise.)

Please feel free to use the word SLIDE in your blog post tomorrow, in whatever shiny metal fashion you slip down…poem, story, drawing, recipe, clever use of woodwind instrument, favorite viral video clip of unicorns (Gary, that means you….).



I spent the morning with Boy-child’s class on a field trip. We went to a theatre and listened to Local University Professors talk about, play, sing, and stomp about Jazz.

(Jazz hands here...and chocolate...mmmm).

It.
Was.
Awesome!

Seriously, one of the bestest field trips EVAH! The kids were entertained and left the venue keyed up and snapping their fingers and talking about “syncopation” and Cab Calloway and how cool the trumpet is. Me…hell…I had a shitty grin on the entire time, ‘cause I loves me some jazz, and they played the greats…Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Louis Prima, Cab, etc. It totally made up for that other field trip we went on a few weeks ago where some of our kids fell asleep…in a Disney-themed show! Now I have “Minnie the Moocher” in my head and I likes it. A lot.

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got such a laugh the day I first saw Cab Calloway in a gorgeous yellow zoot suit complete with fedora and about five feet of gold pocketwatch chain, singing and dancing his way through a music video with...I think it was Janet Jackson, or was it Paula Abdul? All I can remember is Cab, nothing else. No song, no dancing, just that old man who at 70 or so still had more soul in his beringed pinky finger than any current performer.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you know Mona, every time you use the "Crimson Permanent Assurance" schtick all I can see in my overactive mind is a gang of old men dressed as pirates sailing an old skyscraper around your... er... mommy bits.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger jaded said...

Thanks, Mona. I hear Miles Davis's Kinda Blue album playing in my head...sweet.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, man. Cab kicks Mickey's sorry little mousey ass any day. No wonder they fell asleep. hve you introduced them to Django yet? It' your duty as a cool mom.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

I MISSED YOU THIS WEEK.

You were awesome. It was totally fun to catch up with you.

Slide, you funky momma.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

Oh I GOT IT, go to Gary for unicorn jokes, SURE, OK, Mona.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home