Thursday, April 05, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, & Happy To Me

I stayed up later than I wanted to, watching a movie (La Dolce Vita), and woke up before 5 a.m. to snow…not much, mind you, but enough to rattle my sleepy brain. The roads were spotted with patches of ice, the wind bit my skin through my heavy wool coat, and I walked into work cursing the Arctic winds and my own foolishness for believing it was finally Spring.

Ah…Spring.

That’s the Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow. You may, of course, use any meaning of the word…the season, the coil, the bubble of water, the leap, the free drinks…oh thank Ye Gods of Teh Internets for giving me online dictionaries….

Feel free to dust your blog tomorrow with powder pink and sweet using the word Spring, in your current creative form…poem, story, photo, pottery throw (uh...Gary?), room arrangement, fashion line, conga line, dotted white line….


Today is my Two Year Blog-a-versary. Huh…seems like forever. In case you’re interested, here’s my first lame post…where I say nothing except the obvious. Y’know what’s weird? I still don’t think I have a ‘theme’ for this blog…it’s not quite ‘Mommy’, nor ‘Writer’, not ‘Sexy’ enough and not-so-much ‘Work’…. I think in the Blogosphere that’s illegal…innit? Can I chameleon myself into shape-shifting blogger form without incurring some sort of fine? What would you call this here blog? And do you have a description for your own blog?

13 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Happy secong bloggiversary! Your blog is so protean, thats the word that springs forth :)

My blog? dunno what to call it.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Happy Blogiversary, Mona!

Your blog, I'd call a blog of life. To steal from Sanjay, a Protean Blog of Life. Creative, changing, fun and yummy.

I guess I'd call my blog a blog o' life, too. Write what you know is what they say, isn't it?

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I'd call your blog Beautifully Written and Bursting With Personality.

Happy blogiversary! I've read you from the beginning.

(I can remember Sergei telling us all when he first showed you his blog -- you know, back when you were still a blog virgin.)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Hmm, I would call you and your blog Provocateur, in all the most positive ways. Inciting to raucousness and sensuality. Pushing to view life from a fresh angle. At once sharing your thoughts and drawing us in, daring us to join.

When I come to your blog every day I wonder what will I be getting myself into?

Happy Blogiversary

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Stroll said...

My blog doesn't have a theme either, just whatever I feel like spewing. I think your blog's theme is what the others said. Your theme is MONA!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Pomme said...

Joyeux bloganniversaire Mona :)

Bisous !

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Theme? Nobody told me I had to pick a theme. Why am I always the last to know?

Happy second! Your blog celebrates the joys of life.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger meno said...

Themes are for weenies. My theme is "Whatever the Hell i Feel Like"

Happy (2 year) blogiversary baby!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed you over from Ms. Dancehall's blog. You have quite a way with the 6 word story! I think the theme of yur blog might simply be life.

Re: your blog on the 2nd, I have a niece who once announced she had given up red meat. She made the announcement while eating a steak. By red meat she meant "ham."

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Happy Bloga versary! I'd call yours, "Free-Flow" or "Schmorgasbord" SP?! since it's a bit of everything....maybe "Buffet"!

My name is my descriptor since I just "spill out" anything that is in my mind at the time, hence, "Spilling Out"!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Happy blogiversary!

I think I like your blog so much precisely because it doesn't have a theme.

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since it's a shapeshifting blog, you could call it Marta or Odo, depending on the gender of its preferred appearance.

And while you're setting your phaser on stun, congratulations on two years of blogging!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

congrats on your bloggoversary! I thiny my two-year is either here or just went by... although my blog seems like one continuous post to me!

you should to your shapeshifting themes "pop culture commentary". you got good taste lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home