Friday, April 13, 2007

Poetry Friday the 13th

I want to thank you all for your kind words and emails, regarding the shenanigans of my body this week. You all rock. You know that, right? All of you…you there, and You, and YOU…. MWAH....

Got some good news yesterday afternoon at the OB’s office. I had printed out a government document on the treatment of fibroids (I linked to it yesterday), and showed it to my OB. He read through it, looked at the results of my ultrasounds from Tuesday, ruled out a few procedures based on my current state, and wants to rule out cancer (a simple test, a week from Monday). Once cancer is ruled out, he will put me on The Pill…WOOHOO! One pill a day, low-dose, to control things…won’t shrink the fibroids, but will get me through the next few years when hopefully menopause will kick in and shrink those babies up ta nuthin’. If The Pill doesn’t police it well enough, we’ll do a UFE, where a radiologist will inject small plastic pellets into the fibroids, cutting off the blood supply…I’ll be off work only one week. THEN, last resort, the hysterectomy.

I don’t have to tell you I am extremely pleased at the options I have. I could have kissed that OB, I was so happy. Freaked-Out Mona has left the building.

So, it’s Friday, and a loosy-goosy DIY Friday here in Blogland. I have no poetry, other than this:

Hooray
Hooray
Kiss the doctor
Hooray


But I do have this song running through my head on an endless loop. It must have also been on a commercial, like maybe iPod?, something enough to cause me obsession. The beat is very sexy, very much like sex, very thumpy, yeah, we likes that in my house.




It’s also Friday the 13th. Pah. Whatevah. We should all drink and go shopping. Let’s go visit Gary…he gets free beer AND will sell us the most awesomest stuff imaginable.

Have a good weekend, y’all!

11 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Mona! I read yesterday's post at home this morning, and then ten minutes later at work I see you've posted that all is well. I wasted a good worry over you! *lol*

Glad things are more positive in your world, and I hope that the Big P route is the one that fixes you up. Easy = best. Hope you like my first foray into Poetry Friday.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Glad to hear you have some less drastic options. Friday he 13th is lucky this time!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger meno said...

You will love being on the pill for planning purposes! Yeah Menopause! Go Menopause! (I hope your body is listening!)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger jaded said...

Plastic pellets, huh? Doesn't get any more scientific than that. Glad to hear that you've got options available...Personally friday the thirteenth has always been a lucky day.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear good news.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

((Mona))

What a horrible week for you but I am glad that you have some good options and you have a good doctor.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I am just catching up on your blog now, and read yesterday's post. What a horrible day! I'm glad it's all treatable and you've got options -- it must have been a little scary there.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Glad everything is looking better. As they used to give good beer to nursing mothers, perhaps it would help with The Mighty Flow. Drink enough and you'd at least not care. They said to drink lots of fluids, right?

I loved being on the pill. Now that it's no longer something I need, I have no way of knowing when things are happening. Can't be bothered to keep track of such business, myself, you see.

Very good wishes!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Options are a beautiful thing.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Meh. So sorry you had a rough week. Couldn't comment earlier (by way of small fry sleeping on my lap and making it impossible to type. I could only click.)

(As usual, diana coughs up the good advice... gotta love that woman!)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Glad there are options. I had those...and the pill...and in the end that. And that turned out to be a good thing for me...to stop the torrent. My happiness being uterus free could stink up the room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home