Friday, May 25, 2007

Poetry Friday: The Word is TRIP

Wow, Memorial Day Weekend snuck up on me. It didn’t occur to me til this morning that some of y’all may be on the road, or sleeping in, or startin’ a 4-day mini-break. I s’pose it’s fitting, then, that the Poetry Friday Word for Today is TRIP. If you choose to blog, feel free to include this juicy little morsel in your post, in whatever meaty mass fills yer bun…story, poem, photo, sculpture, mojito recipe, self-portrait by the camper….

I’ve been running ragged again this morning, and all I have is something not quite right. My favourite trip. From childhood. Definitely Dick Van Dyke, tripping wheep-boomp over the ottoman. YooToob didn’t have that exact clip, but they DID have this sweet little number, which is, in a way, even better. Following it is the Family Guy take on the famous intro, albeit in a more dastardly and harmful fashion. Que sera sera.

Have a very happy, safe, LOOOOONG weekend, y’all!




6 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I love this clip and of course the classic trip you spoke of in the theme song! I so miss this guy..the best!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Orange said...

Wow, DvD didn't pull any punches there—or stabs, falls, or other injuries. Hilarious!

Trip: Just got back on Saturday from a two-week trip. Still haven't finished all the accumulated laundry. And guess what! It's Memorial Day weekend! Time for a weekend trip to the in-laws'.

I haven't gotten around to putting away the suitcases yet...and now I've got to fil one. (Sigh...)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger jaded said...

Great clips. Just hearing Dick Van Dyke talk makes me laugh.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Classic. When I think of physical comedy, Dick Van Dyke is king.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Hope you had a good holiday weekend. :)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Orange said...

You got any hilarious Diagnosis: Murder clips for us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home