Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Get thee behind me, Thin Mint!

Oh gawd.

The Girl Scout cookies are here.

HERE!

At work! Where I sit! Trying to ignore them! And they stare at me from their lovely boxes with longing eyes!

EAT ME!, they scream.

Everyone and their little sister were out selling Girl Scout cookies this year. I limited each hungry scout to a purchase of two boxes. I have 8 boxes coming, and maybe more, if Girl-child made good on her promise to order some from Girl With Irritating Voice.

I’m a sucker for Samoas.
I also ordered Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Dosidos, and Chocolate Chip.

I am a weak, quivering mass of decadent sugar-coated-sugar-stuffed longing.

Please send milk.

What’s yer favourite?

8 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger egan said...

Purple, green, and orange boxes are my weaknesses. Yes, that's how I remember them and quite telling of how my mind works. Now I'm salivating.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger meno said...

A whole ROW of Tagalongs accosted me just last night.

Then there was another row.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fear an entire sleeve of Thin Mints went missing here at work just the other day. The lure of that crispy, tongue-cooling cookie underneath that svelte dark chocolate wrap...oh my.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Our family's downfall is buying big fat gooey tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough and never bothering to cook them - just taking turns shoveling raw dough into our gaping, gluttonous mouths.

The perfect dessert for Frito Pie.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Well I don't the name but they're the ones with the coconut and the stripes of chocolate. Oh yeah, they kill me.

Clowncar! You're hilarious, but oh so right.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've got an Otis Spunkmeyer cookie oven at work for the marketers, and I'm not ashamed to say that the raw chocolate chip cookie dough is PERFECT. It comes in these little blobbly lumps (one cookie's worth) and OOOOOH it's so good. I had to tell myself several times that I'd get worms if I didn't stop eating it raw to break myself of sneaking into the kitchen, rustling through the freezer and coming out with a morsel or two.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

I used to like girl scout cookies, until they changed the shortening they use in them. Now they use a shortening with a melting point above normal body temperature, which leaves that gunky, coaty feeling in your mouth because it doesn't melt as you are chewing. Ugh. I usually buy a few boxes, and let them go stale in my house - unless the kids get to them, that is.

I have fond memories of G.S. shortbread cookies, from my youth, way back when.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Spunkmeyer...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home