Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Churchy Boys

So...so I'm driving to work this morning, it's 5:30 in the fargin' ay-em. The college kids have mostly dispersed for the summer, although a few are still seen doing The Long Walk of Shame home after hooking up with someone-or-other at the bar.

What do I see walking down the sidewalk?

Two Jehovahs Witnesses.

The boys that always walk around with black dress pants, white shirts, and long ties.

"Walking" was not quite the word..."schlepping" is more like it.

It's 5:30 in the morning.

They can't be going to houses, knocking on doors with "Watchtower" tracts in their hands, asking to come in to tell you about a "wondrous hope for the future". Not at that hour.

They must have been partying.

HARD.

All night long.

I hope to Hell they got lucky.

6 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

"I feel pretty and witty and bright!!!!"

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

How do you know they were JW? Maybe they were just snappy dressers. If your idea of dressing snappily is looking like a 1950s certified public accountant.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Orange said...

Those outfits sound like Mormon missionary boy outfits. If they were schlepping at 5:30 a.m., it's because a good Mormon is not permitted to consume caffeine, and lordy, I sure would be dragging without my caffeine at that hour. Ooh! I bet they were hoping to proselytize to the walk-of-shamers!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I think Orange is right. JW's tend to wear the whole suit too, including jacket, even if it is 90 degrees and full of humidity. But either way, they weren't partying. Stay away!

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Momo's on a mission. We are loaded full of the mormon's out here in AZ. Did you know they wear special underwear? It's weird.

The momo boys on a mission ride bikes everywhere. I must buy the missionary position shirt. It is hilarious.
http://mormonsexposed.com/store.php

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Yeah, getting lucky, still clutching the Watchtower so they won't go to Hell!

I did a poem today but I was sneaky as I don't own a doggie!
Thanks, Gary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home