I Wanna Get With You (and Your Sister)
I’m listing today. Like a boat with an unbalanced load.
1) What does it mean if I never feel full? That I have an eating disorder? That my stomach has stretched to the approximate size of a black inner tube you float on at the lake? That there’s something wrong in my brain-pan and I need some groovin’ meds? What? WHAT?!?!?
2) I am feeling full this morning. Number 1 was just a question, people.
3) Saturday night Girl-child wanted a sleep-over with me. We piled sleeping bags on top of each other on her bedroom floor, scavenged blankets and pillows, and went to bed At A Decent Hour. She claims to have slept great, to the point of wanting to ditch her bed and take up permanent sleeping space on the floor. I, on the other hand, slept like back-breaking crap, waking up every 5 minutes to turn over or groan or remover Girl-child’s punch from my face or ribs. I was a cranky bag of brittle bones Sunday morning. And now…Boy-child says he wants a sleepover this coming weekend. Heh. Yeah.
4) Saturday afternoon, Boy-child had an outdoor soccer game on a playing field with no wind breaks. The wind that day gusted up to Sixty-Hella-Seventy miles an hour, pushing us cheering parents off our feet. Blowing up our noses so we couldn’t breathe. Making cell phone conversations laughable. The cumulative effect dried my contacts onto my eyeballs, and they still haven’t recovered. The beautiful flowering trees I wanted to take photos of yesterday were flowerless, having been shaken off like so much snow off a hat. Crap. So much for that.
5) I can’t find a good version of the Beck video in the title. So we’ll go with this one.