Monday, April 28, 2008

I Wanna Get With You (and Your Sister)

I’m listing today. Like a boat with an unbalanced load.

1) What does it mean if I never feel full? That I have an eating disorder? That my stomach has stretched to the approximate size of a black inner tube you float on at the lake? That there’s something wrong in my brain-pan and I need some groovin’ meds? What? WHAT?!?!?

2) I am feeling full this morning. Number 1 was just a question, people.

3) Saturday night Girl-child wanted a sleep-over with me. We piled sleeping bags on top of each other on her bedroom floor, scavenged blankets and pillows, and went to bed At A Decent Hour. She claims to have slept great, to the point of wanting to ditch her bed and take up permanent sleeping space on the floor. I, on the other hand, slept like back-breaking crap, waking up every 5 minutes to turn over or groan or remover Girl-child’s punch from my face or ribs. I was a cranky bag of brittle bones Sunday morning. And now…Boy-child says he wants a sleepover this coming weekend. Heh. Yeah.

4) Saturday afternoon, Boy-child had an outdoor soccer game on a playing field with no wind breaks. The wind that day gusted up to Sixty-Hella-Seventy miles an hour, pushing us cheering parents off our feet. Blowing up our noses so we couldn’t breathe. Making cell phone conversations laughable. The cumulative effect dried my contacts onto my eyeballs, and they still haven’t recovered. The beautiful flowering trees I wanted to take photos of yesterday were flowerless, having been shaken off like so much snow off a hat. Crap. So much for that.

5) I can’t find a good version of the Beck video in the title. So we’ll go with this one.

7 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger meno said...

Maybe you can convince the boy to have the sleepover in sleeping bags on top of your bed??

I'm too old to sleep on the floor.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

That banjo-playing spinny zebra rocks. I wish I had one.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would have slept on the floor until girl child fell asleep, and then I would have retired to the couch. Or I would have picked her up & brought her into bed, and then convinced her in the morning that she got up on her own accord and went to bed.

The floor is evil, Mona!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up sleeping on the floor when I had to be Hoyer-Lifted into an upright position again to start the day.

I think I might have been nine or ten...

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

What we do for our kids! Hope your back and all those other muscles you now know you have are back to just the regular pain og getting older!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

this is why beds were invented, and why there were no good old days, just old days when people were sore all the time and cranky because they didn't have a sealy

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Faith said...

I went through a period of time when I never felt full. Lots of stress at the time...I was afraid I was going to make myself fat if I didn't try to get a decent hold on it, so I found myself some Metabolife. Remember that stuff? It was the shit...I miss it a lot. Anyway, it stopped me from becoming a house. Then they took it off the market. And now I'm a house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home