Curly hair and a pork-pie hat
I spent more time on the title of this damn thing that the actual writing of the blog post. Huh. Gonna be one of those days. Okay then...a list.
1) I’m TIRED. My own fault, and that of my genes (or my jeans, damn them and their smooth fit), and of this movie that I watched last night until my head bobbed near Midnight and I had to call it a day. (And I dreamed of making soup with turnips. I hate turnips.) It’s much easier for me to watch stupid comedies nowadays than serious movies. Gawd how I'm lovin' Judd Apatow. Although tonight we’re watching this little gem, and I can’t wait.
2) I have a good friend…co-worker, caterer, farmer…who raises beef cattle. We buy all our beefy comestibles from him. Last week we got our years worth, which meant I had to clear out the upright freezer to make room, and took out two packages of last year’s haul to thaw. Last night Girl-child complained when I said we were having beef. “Can’t we have Breakfast for Dinner?” she complained, which on any other night I would have done (I could eat breaky for every meal), but the beef really needed doing up. I opened up the packages, threw them on the broiler pan, BAM-ed then with Emeril seasoning, and slid them in the oven. Minutes later I pulled them out…6 steaks, sizzling…and cut up part of one for Girl-child to taste. First bite, her eyes popped out and she ran to get her own knife and fork to cut off juicy bits. She ate half the piece. (I helped a little.) For dinner she had the other half. And then more. It felt weird for Sergei to come home and for me to mention, casually and with no fanfare, “We’re having porterhouse steaks tonight.” Like we're farggin' Rockefellers or somethin'....
3) Sergei took me to Ikea last weekend. Holy crappin' hell! I expected big, but not the extreme that it was. And me with my addictive personality and love of all things plastic and cheap. I was very good, and bought 3 things, totalling less than $10. If Sergei hadn't been with me, I would have used the entire Stimulus check that the Pres is sending us later this year. Must...control...urge...lovely...cheap...European...home...furnishings....
4) Some of the soccer moms and I are taking a Cardio Strip-Tease class. We’ve had 4 sessions so far, and it’s a riot…a stuffy dance studio full of middle-aged women, huffing and puffing and trying to look and feel sexy. With the 24-year old lithe fit perky instructor making us all think, dammit, I use-ta look like that. Sergei said he sees a difference in my middle. I'm just glad my hips finally figured out a way to sashay and shake off some-a those fat cells. Sorta like this. (I am NOT in this video, so don't go gettin' all pervy now.)
5) Gary is spreading the love! And I spread the love to y’all…rawk on!
6) I had this song in my head when I woke up. The chorus is irritatingly infectious. And dammit, the world needs more poppy cute Canadian bands.