Friday, March 28, 2008

Poetry Friday: The Word is SURPRISE!

I'm actually posting ON TIME today!

Aren't you surprised? (I am.)

The Poetry Friday Word for today is SURPRISE. Feel free to use it in your blog post today, in whatever form makes your water-filled bobble birdie bob up and down...up and down...story, poem, photo, song, knitting project, recipe for mooshoo pork, audio post of you doin' somethin' nasty.... If you choose to participate, please leave a comment so we can all go see yer stuff and "ooh" and "aah" and throw bouquets of flowers and boxes of Girl Scout cookies at you.

I tossed off a few poetry-like things, out of some feeling of wanting to be in bed and naked and having sexy sex. Oh yeah, and I'm having "knights-and-damsels" fantasies. Mmmm...knights. I also included a video at the end which, I MUST warn you, is disturbing. Surprising, yes, but 24 hours after first viewing it, I'm still tortured by it. Be warned.

Have a good weekend, y'all!


I Drank the Salty Sea

When the tides pushed us to land
When your waves ceased to roll
I parted my seaweed bed of hair
Wiped my lips
And gazed over the landscape of
Your crests and churning foam
To bathe in the
Surprise
Still floating on the surface
Of your sea-blue eyes


Sir Prize

In his mouth, a fig
In her mouth, a cherry
Boughs of bright vermillion
Encircled their entwinement
Four-post bed confinement

Helmet at the footboard
Flowers at the head
She held his sword and plunged
Into his armoured fire
And lit the golden pyre

He bucked, an equine
She arched, a grapevine
While carousers and kings
Below were drunk and merry
His mouth full of cherry

Satin thighs lay dripping
Off the metal slipping
He rolled to reveal and release
To conquer her form and insist
Their hearth should be built with a kiss


A Very Disturbing Video....


7 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate having a 'network appliance' rather than a fo-real computer with a sound card and speakers and suchwhat. Can't be disturbed. *pout*

Quite like the poems, especially the salty sea...very nice imagery of Woman as Ocean. I can see it very easily. Oh, and I'm very proud of you for managing to post to your own challenge on time! That-a-gurl! *lol*

I gots my own little bit done last night. Ain't ya proud?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE these! the image of horse and grapevine. Very cool. Now you need to write some lute music to go with it. :-)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

I am tardy but present, Ms. B. Good word this week! Easier than that damned "p" last week.

"To bathe in the
Surprise
Still floating on the surface
Of your sea-blue eyes"

Oh, my. Such a wonderful ending to that first poem.

But then those creepy eyeballs ruined the whole effect. Aack!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

So yeah the grapevine poem I really loved. But the eyes. Creeped me out. Blech.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Surpreyes!

That
cannot be good
for her eyes


I love I Drank the Salty Sea.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

I can't watch the video. I can't...

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger egan said...

Are those eyes real? The skeptic in me thinks those are hand cranked 9 volt battery eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home