Friday, April 18, 2008

Poetry Friday? I'm an unholy mess of a girl

Anyone got any valium? Maalox? Straitjacket?

I feel like hell. There's a few stomach bugs going around, one of which my boss brought back with him from his Spring Break, and now my own belly is flippy-flopping in a most unnatural and disturbing way.
(I'm warning you...this IS the scene you remember and yes, it's disturbing.)




From the second I get to work til the time I beat the snarling dogs off to escape, I'm swamped. I can't tell you about the super-secret work I'm doing (or I'd have to kill you), but I will say that Teh Internets be wantin' to kill me. And my co-workers clearly overestimate my ability to be a Computer Goddess.



Poetry Friday? Not this week for me. Please, feel free to do some little jig of your own on your blog post today, and comment so we can all see. Extra points for silly dances.

Have a good weekend, y'all!

5 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

have a relaxing weekend, OK?

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Spring madness!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Clowncar said...

I posted a silly dance. And a sillier poem. It ain't art. But it ain't bad.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that the reactions of the crew when the chest-burster shows up was entirely unscripted--Ridley Scott had planned it that way. He said something to the effect of "something is going to happen, just react to it." Yaphet Koto is said to have had nightmares for years after.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Just think, your boss' germy beasties are living inside you. IN. SIDE. YOU.

*poking Mona's stomach warily*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home