Sunday, November 30, 2008

Got Some 'Splainin'

I'm about to break one of the cardinal rules of blogging. So cover your delicate lil' eyes right now. I'm about to explain my whereabouts.

Lessee if I can catch y'all up on my comings and goings these last few weeks since I dropped off the blogging map. Hmmm...first off, work has been kicking my sweet dimpled ass more than usual, in a manner most typical and yet most aggravating. Y'know when you see someone do something stupid, something so full of ego, something so one-hunnered-percent going to not work out well? Did you ever see "Jackass"? Well, yeah, that's what our managers have been doing these last few weeks. And guess who gets to clean up their stinking piles of putrid marketing detritis? Oh yeah, good ol' Mona. If it wasn't for the fact that I love the place otherwise, I woulda shoulda coulda yelled my fool hed clean offt.

What else? I've been on every field trip both kids' schools have undertaken, accidentally headed up a fundraising effort, and am in the process of writing one school's student directory. While Sergei whiles away his "spare" time heading up Important City Committees and Directing Important Community Events, I am counting tubs of cookie dough and wondering if "Kim Sung Yung" is the same person as "Yung Kim Sang". (They're not.)

Also...we had a sudden grave illness in the extended family which turned into a sudden death. A thankful death, as she was suffering near the end, but still...very sad.

I headed up the company Thanksgiving shindig a week before T-giving. I hosted Thanksgiving for Sergei's family. I played hostess at Boy-child's school's Tgiving Feast (bringing in the only food donations of stuffing and cranberry sauce, and boy am I glad I lost sleep over that).

And now I'm stressing over Boy-child's birthday, which is this Friday, which I don't have presents for yet, and which we're trying to set up an impromptu party for this Saturday at Interesting Game Place. I'm playing email tag with the Head Guy.

I did manage to eat only two slices of pumpkin pie over the 5-day Thanksgiving weekend, so I got that going for me. Which is nice. My jeans still fit. But now it's snowing like something out of a Weather Channel Exclusive with Jim Cantore, which does nothing but impede my progress and generally piss me off.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I hope to be more verbal in the future. Tell me...did anyone do NaNoWriMo? Pfffffttt....

5 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

Missed you Mona and nice to have you back.
:)

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Just reading this makes me suffer from sympathetic exhaustion. Oooooooh, pumpkin pie. Oooooooh for breakfast.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

where do you get that energy? if you could sell it on etsy, I'd buy me some.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger meno said...

After reviewing the Official Blogging Rules, i have determined that it's okay to 'splain where you been, just don't apologize for it.

You been busy.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

It's good to see you again Mona :) I've moved to Wisconsin, but that doesn't mean I don't still read MI bloggers :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home