Thursday, November 13, 2008

Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow...and pumpkin bread, dammmmmit

I recently had an opportunity to fight. To prove myself, my innocence. In the end, however, it was just too much for me, and I conceeded defeat. I will blog upon't tomorrow, but it set me thinking...we all have times when we get up off our asses and fight for something, large or small, personal or for The Common Good. And I don't mean mere fisticuffs, either, I mean morally, ethically, monetarily, spiritually. Let's not forget sexually.

The Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow is FIGHT. Tell us in your own creative way about when you fought for something, or witnessed someone else raising their fist in the air and yelling "Hell No!" Give us your best short story, limerick, reggae song-styling, photo, R-rated video, boob-tube speech. Extra points if it involves ponies or pancakes. (Who doesn't like ponies and pancakes?)

A few weeks ago I tried out a sweet potato recipe that included pumpkin and coconut milk (hosting the inlaws this year for Thanksgiving), and with the leftover pumpkin and coconut milk I made THE most delicious pumpkin bread I've ever tasted or created. Now that I'm gathering my recipes together, can I find the pumpkin bread recipe? Can I? Hell! No! I've tried googling it a thousand ways, went to all my usual suspect sites (FoodNetwork, Epicurious, AllRecipes, etc.) and still can't find the thing. Does anyone have ideas where I can look now, or have a similar recipe? It had pumpkin puree (canned, natch), coconut milk, and I believe no eggs. It also had no nuts or coconut in it. I've been drooling an entire day thinking of that bread, and I'm a bit obsessed. More than obsessed. I'm stalking that recipe. With a fork.


2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Man I'm coming up with nothing. Plenty of recipes but all have nuts or flake coconut.

If you find it, I want it too!

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you find the recipe, please share!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home