Friday, October 24, 2008

Poetry Friday: The Sense of Sensing

Today we’re investigating our Sixth Sense: ESP...premonitions...foresight. I have always believed that there’s something bigger out there than we can experience with our five senses…something in the cosmos, something karmic and collective, something that we can tap into from time to time if the wind blows just right and we breathe easy and let go of the things we know.

All sounds sort of hippy-ish, and I’m totally fine with that.

Feel free to open the window of our Sixth Sense in your blog post today, in whatever form gives you a wink and a nudge…story, poem, commercial ditty, video, diary entry, dream, incantation, ghost hunter story….

Have a good weekend, y’all!


Mona’s ESP

1) Hands up…how many of you have “Song-On-The-Radio” ESP? Where you have a song stuck in your head for no reason, you turn on the radio or change the station, and THERE is That Song. I got that.

2) I also have Phone Call and Email ESP. An idea will pop in my head that my husband is about to call me, or I’ll get an email from my sister, or that the school is about to inform me that one of my children has the Creeping Crud…and sure enough…I get the call, the email, the news.

3) I had a Dream That Came True and now I’m afraid every dream will end up in a real-life situation. It wasn’t the dream where you’re naked in public, thank the jeebus. But it was obscure enough that I never in a million years would have dreamed those pieces coming together, let alone see it play out in real life the very next day. I am now fearful of bad dreams. And suspicious of good ones.

4) Maybe this is a Mom-Thing, but I can judge by the atmosphere and relative humidity in the house who is about to get hurt.

5) While driving, I can sense the traffic patterns, which drivers are about to cut me damn off, which ones will turn without signaling, which ones will change lanes in the next block, and which ones will not GO when the light turns green. This is probably not so much ESP as just driving for damn ever and seeing thirty different shades of Driving Stupid.

6) My children, bless them, always sense when I need a hug and dispense them liberally.

7) My premonitions about winning the lottery never come true, dammitalltohell.

4 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh, your kids!!!!!!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

I can sense children's owies approaching, but it has mostly to do with the slowly rising decibel level.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Mona, I'm coming to you for a tea leaves reading!! You gots powers!!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I had a dream come true once. It was awful. I too suspect my dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home