Thursday, October 16, 2008

Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow: Chapter 5: Sweet, sour, salty, bitter...savory?

Well, we're down to our last of the fifth senses, and the brilliant thing about the sense of Taste is it's all about the tongue...one of my favourite organs. (I'm too tired to verify that the tongue is, indeed, an organ, and not just an outcropping of flexible flesh.)

Feel free to tingle your tastebuds tomorrow by spicing your blog post with thoughts, ponderings, creative associations, crude s4xual drawings, on the sense of TASTE.

Did you know that in addition to the general four tastes...Sweet, Sour, Salty, and Bitter...scientists have agreed on a Fifth? They call it Umami, or Savory...it has to do with amino acids, saltiness, meatiness and cheesiness. I'm longing for an omelet right now, and I swear if I could get a panful of eggs-and-ham-and-cheese, I'd go all umami over it's ass.

Those same scientists are also toying with the idea of making Fat another taste. I mean, DUH. My kids beg for a taste of butter, eating it by the fingerful. That shit is da bomb. Who doesn't like fat?

Of course, TASTE has other meanings too. Like this. I saw Ira do a live stage show months ago. I totally love him.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

right now, all my taste buds want is something sweet like those damn cookies i've been promising to make myself and some really trashy tv. too bad I don't have tv.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

Chocolate anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home